Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: An eBay Alternative

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

An eBay Alternative

By Nick Long aka Phathugo2467

For sellers using the eBay marketplace to sell cards, the current fee structure can decimate earnings made on lower priced sales. In light of many “failed” eBay sales (in the sense that the fees killed my earnings), I set out to find another auction venue that would allow me to sell [...]

More...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

Sounds interesting but I didn't see a link to the site? I'm guessing it is just sportlots.com though.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

Checked it out and while I like the auction set up better because 3 days until last bid but I hate that all auctions start a $0.00. Also not enough exposure. To take down Ebay as the sports card selling king we need an SCF store and auction. To take down Beckett we're getting the SCF Online Price Guide so now we need SCF Storefronts and Auctions!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See g1ebe's Items on eBay

scf auction sounds good...VIP only no fees :) w/o VIP minimal fees :D?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings
    See 45105's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I've always wondered why beckett has not capitalized on the sportscard auction market. To me, they seem like the best chance to offer cards.

When I was prime on ebay from 1998-2001 I had no problem listing cards which cost ten cents to list. I also found to buy was as simple with the easy low cost entry. After ebay pushed out the card seller, yahoo auctions was a treat as well... until they folded auctions. At that point I was finding pretty good success listing commons/low bv on bidville, then that died. Sportslots needs help with format, big time.

If only someone could put it together, taking the best of the best ideas and making it happen.

I would disagree with the poster that made it available to VIP, I believe all card collectors should have access to the catalog, making it a success for everyone involved.

Checked it out and while I like the auction set up better because 3 days until last bid but I hate that all auctions start a $0.00. Also not enough exposure. To take down Ebay as the sports card selling king we need an SCF store and auction. To take down Beckett we're getting the SCF Online Price Guide so now we need SCF Storefronts and Auctions!

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks for the good info....always looking for alternatives to ebay and their scam sellers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Indianapolis Colts
    See Jeremy12familyguy's Items on eBay

scf auction sounds good...VIP only no fees :) w/o VIP minimal fees :D?

That would be sweet but our rules currently don't allow cash auctions.

The site Mike posted looks like a nice one. With lower fees sellers could afford to charge lower prices for their products which would obviously benefit buyer and seller.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See g1ebe's Items on eBay

Nothing will ever replace feebay though..hate to say it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ebay rules sorry to say.

SCF Rewards
    Country

People ocmplain about ebay and paypal but they still use because there is no other option. We have to deal with it