Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country
    See 41mears41's Items on eBay

Upper Deck can take a page out of Press Pass

So I decided to get into NASCAR cards (it is my favorite sport), and I noticed one big thing through all of their products. EVERYTHING HOLDS VALUE! GU, auto, inserts even. If you pull even just a decent driver, you can sell it for at least 10 bucks. Most boxes have just one GU and auto, or one combine, but they hold value. Upper Deck could learn from this.

Nino

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See VLADDADDY's Items on eBay

i dont think you can fault upper deck as a product. the problem lies in the fact that in the major sports that topps, upperdeck, etc. produce cards in there are too many cards available of any givin player produced. there are easily 10-20 rookie cards produced every year for any givin player not counting the game used, autographs, and inserts. top that off with the thousands of cards for the star players available and its just too much. in racing you have press pass who produces only a few sets each year and thats it. take joey lagano for example, he has 4 rookie cards and will probably only end up with a few more along with a few autos and race used cards. matt ryan had 41 base rookie cards, derrick rose has 24 with a few more to come, and as screwed up as baseball is bout cards david price has 10 rookie cards and were not half way through the releases. as long as press pass holds it down in NASCAR, things look good for ya!

Country
    See 41mears41's Items on eBay

I would love to see hockey hold good for me too haha.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (18)
    Country
    See blindros88's Items on eBay

The value started to decline when multiple game used cards were in each box. When it was truly difficult to pull a memorabilia card, the values stayed high. I think that if manufacturers cut back the number of game used sets per year, and started to use premium swatches, both in size and visual appeal, the value would return to these inserts. Plus it would be nice you pull players you have ACTUALLY heard of.