Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See travisbryantjmu's Items on eBay

Yea a lot of the UD Blacks have chipping when theyre pulled out of the pack so make sure to look for one with little to no chipping. thanx! :)

very interesting..I didn't know this...I need to go check the cards I just bought on the bay haha...

i have both premier and ud black, have many more ud black cards...I would say I like black because it's just a nicer product with design, and just higher end

walter..

THanks for your opinion walter...seems to be really useful and i've come to enjoy reading your responses about the products..I really appreciate all the help and insight you have given me since I've been here...and I am looking for the nicer of the two as far as high-end goes so I'll go with the black...

little off topic:
    if you were comparing it to an SPA rookie auto you still taking the black

i'd go with UD BLACK. it just seems it has more staying power. both products are highend but premiere seems like it will just fade away after a few years. UD BLACK seems like it will have more staying power and the rookie cards will hold more value but all of this is just my opinion u know?

Word. Thank you..i was looking to hear opinions, i know what people post is not gonna happen as the real value is really however much someone wants to pay for something..I had just gotten back into the hobby this year and was just looking for opinions comparing the two if i'm gonna pick up some rc autos...

as I mentioned to walter how would you compare the black to an SPA RC auto?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See carmelo42490's Items on eBay

I would probably take an SPA RC Patch Auto over any other rc brand (maybe not Exquisite though). SPA is a SICK product plus it holds its value pretty well. thanx :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would probably take an SPA RC Patch Auto over any other rc brand (maybe not Exquisite though). SPA is a SICK product plus it holds its value pretty well. thanx :)

alright cool...thats what I was thinking after I posted them up...I'm looking for some on-card auto's rather then the stickers like the Chrome that I have and it was looking like SPA, Black and Premier were the few ways to go and I really liked the design with the GU 2008 of the black/premier so thats why i was leaning more in that direction. The SPA's are sick if you get teh 3-color patch, and the oncard auto is real nice, I'll have to see if I can find any of the players I want:)

thanks again for the help/opinion

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See waltque's Items on eBay

For me, it depends on the player for the spa, spa can be bought for fairly cheap and for very high...for example...ive seen the spa patch auto of Derrick Rose sold for 400, and for Courtney Lee it never went over 40. And ive seen a rose ud black go for 800+, it's in a thread somewhere here a while back

the spa patch autos are very nice, and do hold their value, plus, some of them have VERY nice autos...they're both great products and can't go wrong with either one

and hey no problem, i'm always glad to help, if you ever need anything or have question let me know!

walter..
    Last edited by zoomin6; 07-26-2009 at 12:43 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have both the Black and the Premier and i love them both. I think the Premier would be the go as of now because the Blacks are still asking heaps more than the Premier versions.
    As for looks its a taste thing, i like them both equally.

SCF Rewards
    Country

^^ Thanks for letting me know Nick. I was thinking that premier did see a little but below the value of the black cards I was looking at. I guess I'm gonna have to scan and see if I see any of premier's in players that I am looking to get a rookie auto of!

For me, it depends on the player for the spa, spa can be bought for fairly cheap and for very high...for example...ive seen the spa patch auto of Derrick Rose sold for 400, and for Courtney Lee it never went over 40. And ive seen a rose ud black go for 800+, it's in a thread somewhere here a while back

the spa patch autos are very nice, and do hold their value, plus, some of them have VERY nice autos...they're both great products and can't go wrong with either one

and hey no problem, i'm always glad to help, if you ever need anything or have question let me know!

walter..

Ahh sounds good. Thank you very much for the info...I shoulda picked up the Rose SPA when it was going for around 230, SMH....and a black for 800...whoa..whoa...the lee is a very good value IMO.

And thats what I like to hear that you can't go wrong with either of the products!

and again thanks for the help and I'll let you know if I had any other questions!

Thanks,

Travis

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mfmcnabb's Items on eBay

Travis:

My suggestion is, both. I've got a Premier jsy/au /15 of CDR (and the jsy/au 199 rc on redemption) and jsy/au's /50 and /15 of CDR from UD Black. If you're going to collect one player, it's hard to leave out an entire release.

But if you can only go for one, I lean toward UD Black. As ... Nick said, I think, the all-black borders to encounter some chipping, but that makes the mint ones that much more valuable (especially with the low print runs of most cards in UD Black).

-Matt

SCF Rewards
    Country

Travis:

My suggestion is, both. I've got a Premier jsy/au /15 of CDR (and the jsy/au 199 rc on redemption) and jsy/au's /50 and /15 of CDR from UD Black. If you're going to collect one player, it's hard to leave out an entire release.

But if you can only go for one, I lean toward UD Black. As ... Nick said, I think, the all-black borders to encounter some chipping, but that makes the mint ones that much more valuable (especially with the low print runs of most cards in UD Black).

-Matt

Ahh awesome. Thanks for letting me know matt, I'll post some more when I'm back home in a little bit about this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12