Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See xtcy5's Items on eBay

When it comes to a single player it's gonna be hard to oust either Jeff (Gretzky) or Denis Angers (who most people would recognize from his 30000 or so feedback from 10-15 diff ebay ID's through the years). Denis' mountain of Roy and Brodeur stuff is absolutley astonishing.

D

While I agree with Jeffrey and Denis, you will also have to add Randy and Wade to the mix for Gretzky!! All 4 collections are simply STUNNING!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think I'm a good Voracek collector :)

-Complete Ultimate Rainbow (2 Shields)
    -Complete OPCP Rainbow
    -Complete BD Rainbow
    -Complete UD Black Lettermen /99 (one of each letter)

I'm not a man though :) Ahah.

While never seeing your collection, living in Montreal, I have heard about your insane devotion.. Congrats, I think you are definitely in a class of your own with that collection...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not a huge collector by any means, but I know a few who are pretty well-known for their player collections. Lee with his Ovechkin collection, Kendall with his Fleury collection, Quincy with his Sakic's, Vegaspuck with his Richards collection, Curt with his Gaborik collection, etc etc. Definitely some major players in the hobby out there!

Agree to all, but I would add Mark with his Ovechkin collection!! Not as a challenge to Lee's efforts but as a compliment for both!! I also believe there is a huge Jagr collector from overseas that would probably rule the roost.. I will also add Kevin with his Lundqvist collection.. Paul Biddleston with his crazy Latendresse affliction as well..
    Last edited by THE MESSIAH; 08-14-2009 at 01:21 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

wow Messiah... your Messier collection makes me want to just give up. Its incredible.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

Buying is not difficult, but to find the nicest cards, this is what is really difficult with a worldwide hobby. When we discuss about the major leagues players collectors, Denis is #1 overall in my book for 2 main reasons, outside the great collection he built through the years. Firstly, he has so many spectacular cards in his PC that most people do not even suspect the existance, absolutely stunning cards, it is really incredible. Secondly, even if he could buy everything for any price (I think he could easily clean-up all the high-end cards at each Toronto Expo edition by himself), he carefully selects the items that perfectly fit in his PC, and if the price is out of a reasonable range he will decline to buy and wait for a correct price; he knows the hobby and won't buy just to buy. Of course there are many great collectors in this hobby, but this guy is a heck of a collector.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Buying is not difficult, but to find the nicest cards, this is what is really difficult with a worldwide hobby. When we discuss about the major leagues players collectors, Denis is #1 overall in my book for 2 main reasons, outside the great collection he built through the years. Firstly, he has so many spectacular cards in his PC that most people do not even suspect the existance, absolutely stunning cards, it is really incredible. Secondly, even if he could buy everything for any price (I think he could easily clean-up all the high-end cards at each Toronto Expo edition by himself), he carefully selects the items that perfectly fit in his PC, and if the price is out of a reasonable range he will decline to buy and wait for a correct price; he knows the hobby and won't buy just to buy. Of course there are many great collectors in this hobby, but this guy is a heck of a collector.

It pales in comparison to the type of guy he is.. He is just one heck of a guy.... But then you know that as well JF..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See xirxious's Items on eBay

I've got quite a bit tied up in my Zetterberg collection, but I haven't seen anyone elses complete collection. I've intentionally stayed away from shield cards to save up for a game jersey whole. It'll include a shield :)
    I don't think I've seen anyone with a more complete 03/04 Wings Original 6 set either,but I don't think I'd want to be called a supercollector.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (27)
    Country
    See Goalysgirl's Items on eBay

Hmmmm... he has a nice collection - PERIOD!

Im not sure if Im going off topic, but I want to put myself forward as having possibly the best collection of enforcer cards, although [delaware guy] has some awesome pieces. I think I have collected all of the enforcer sets and subsets (excluding a couple which I am actively chasing).

I do collect specific players and have really good Probert, Sestito & Boogaard collections, probably top 3 in those particular player categories.

You aint kidding, lol. unfortunatekly for me, Bert has a conenction to the Winterhawks from when Braydon Coburn played there, and has decided to collect him. Talk about a bad twist of fate, lol. But yeah his overall collection is just absurd, and that doesnt even include the Ovechkin Crosby Dual shield that got away.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wow Messiah... your Messier collection makes me want to just give up. Its incredible.

Thank you Sir, but I think mine is just one of many nice Messier collections out there!! By the way, I love your avatar!! Very nice!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

Thank you Sir, but I think mine is just one of many nice Messier collections out there!! By the way, I love your avatar!! Very nice!!

Very humble, but that collection is absurd lol. Not to mention the various Lemieux/Gretzky/Crosby Shields. Absolutely awesome.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast