Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: macgrady mvp?

titan102390

macgrady mvp?

tracy mcgrady leads the league in scoring and has had 20 plus points for like 30 straight games, but his d is a little shaky, whereas duncan or garnett have double doubles often and are solid defenders, so who is the 2003 nba mvp?

markc45
    i still think the mvp will go to kobe because of him having soo many 40 pt games.hes carried his teams a long way while shaq was injured

I think that T-Mac will win the MVP, which means more valuable player, not most valuable plays of the season, where would the magic be with out him and has he carried his team. Although Kg and kobe will finish a very close 2nd. KG doesn't really have anyone else and kobe has Shaq, so where would kobe be if Shaq attack was out for the whole season, what is so key with kobe is that he is surrounded by vet players who know and accept their roles. It was couple of time I didn't believe that MJ should have received the award, he had the same thing as kobe, jsut without a Big Center, who also could take over a game and dominate the other players and be a go to guy. kobe has the ideal team vets who know their role, the center in the game and hell he has mad skilz to, but if Hill was healthy then I would say we would have to go with KG.

bassmaster
    Why not Nowitski for MVP? He's the best player on the team with the best record. As much as I love Tmac, I don't think that either he or Kobe deserve it as both their teams suck and are #7 seeds in the playoffs. Another player that gets no run for MVP is Kidd. His team is a hell of a lot better than either LA or Orlando.

I hate the Most Valuable vs. Best Player when voting for the MVP in all sports. They should both be awards, so then T-Mac can win Best Player and Garnett can win MVP. That would settle a lot of things IMO

CSlax3
    i think shaq is MVP and kobe best player..then tmac and duncan

simplygq2002
    Kobe should not be MVP for these reasons

His team is the 6th seed in the West
    With Shaq out he started the season 3-9 which proves he cant carry the team by himself
    Without Shaq that team is nothing
    Scoring 40 points against the Nuggets is not a big feat.

Tracy McGrady should be MVP for these reasons
    He is the best all-around player in the league being the first and only option on his team and leading them in assists is huge
    He plays better defense then Kobe (watch the first meeting between the Magic and Lakers and watch who alters Kobe's last three deparation shots, it ain't Jeryl Sasser)

Kobe is overrated, granted he is one of the best in the league, but without Shaq there wouldn't be any rings around his finger and when the team was all his he couldn't deliver anything close to a 500 team and even lost to the CAVS!

kg should be mvp he doesnt have a real solid team to back him up and he is going to the playoffs :fro:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast