Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gretzky_collector's Items on eBay

Collecting Al Bundy- Contest Entry

Collecting Al Bundy
    By: Ian Banks (aka gretzky_collector)

My Al Bundy Photobucket: http://photobucket.com/A_B

I remember my aunt Diane and her husband coming over one night back in 1987. At the time I was only 10 years old so the adults talked about their jobs and such over a few drinks and I played with my toys. Later that evening we were all watching TV. That's when my aunt said that a new show was starting that night. My dad flipped the channel over and that's when I watched "Married....with Children" for the very first time. I have been hooked ever since and it's been 22 years! I taped every episode and that is all I ever watched. Over and over. I now have Season's 1-10 on DVD, just waiting for the last season, season 11. It comes out in October.

I like to think I know everything about Married with Children.

Al Bundy, lol.....the greatest dad in TV history. He was by far my favorite character on the show. He made me laugh the most because he was always up to something. Avoiding the wife, starting riots at the Jiggly Room, reliving his glory days of High School football....he was the best. (I wish a company would make a card of him in his Polk High uniform)

What I admired about him the most is that he never gave up. Let's face it.....his life was horrible. A lazy wife, two rotten kids and worst of all he sold ladies shoes. Nothing ever went right for him no matter how hard he tried. He'd get knocked down but ALWAYS got back up for more! He was a great guy....I really miss him.

I have collected hockey cards forever and hopefully always will. I love collecting my little "pieces of cardboard". Well, anyway, I was searching Jordan Staal cards on ebay one day and decided to do a search on Al Bundy to see what came up. Mostly Polk High shirts, comic books and DVD's appeared. Then I noticed a card....could it be? It was a 2007 Donruss Americana Silver Proof Ed O'Neill /250. Without thinking I hit the "buy it now". That's how it all began. I bought every card I could of his and I still do. I was so happy to see that my TV hero had cards. I think it is safe to say I have the largest Ed O'Neill/Al Bundy collection on the planet. (quite possibly the only Al Bundy collection on the planet, lol)

I have the complete set of 2008 NFL Icons Autographed "POLK HIGH" Lettermen set with each card numbered out of /12. When those auto'd letters hit ebay, I made sure my bids were high enough to win. I had to make the set! I remember when the last letter arrived at my house, I actually cried tears of joy...seriously. It is the biggest accomplishment I have ever made in all my years of collecting cards. It is probably the only complete set out there as you NEVER see auto'd letters on ebay anymore. I WILL BE BURIED WITH THIS SET! I also have the non auto'd "O'NEILL" Lettermen set with each card numbered to /63 and the complete non auto'd "POLK HIGH" Lettermen set with each card numbered to /30.

Here are the sets:

Yet again, doing one of my many daily ebay searches, I noticed an Ed O'Neill 2008 Celebrity Cuts Platinum 1/1. You're kidding? Al Bundy has a 1/1? I had to have it at all costs! The night it ended, I sat and watched as the time ticked down. At the last second I put a HUGE bid on it. I ended up getting it for almost nothing. Well, at least alot less than I was willing to pay. I couldn't believe it! Since then I managed to acquire three Ed O'Neill 1/1's. He only has eight so I am almost half way there.

Here are the 1/1's I have in hand.
    (I have the cyan printing plate incoming. I just won it last week)

I have managed to pick up another 6 autographs of him too. The only thing with his auto'd cards is that they are all "band aid" auto's. I have never seen his auto "hard signed"

Here are the auto's I have in hand:
    (the 2009 Spectrum of Stars Die Cut /50 is incoming with the 1/1 printing plate)

Do you remember the movie "Blue Chips" with Shaq and Nick Nolte? Apparently Ed O'Neill was in that movie. (I am not a basketball fan so I never seen it and never knew he was in it) I found out recently that there was a set of cards made for the movie. Ed O'Neill has 4 cards in the set where he is pictured. I picked the set up on ebay for a whopping $0.99 and took the 4 cards out for my collection.

These are the cards with him pictured:

I have currently have 60 different cards and another two incoming. I know of 104 different cards but 17 will probably never be made. He has two auto'd Lettermen set redemptions from 2008 NFL Icons. One set was to spell out "LITTLE GIANTS" and the other was to spell out "OSHEA". I redeemed two of them when the first came out but after waiting 6 months I asked Upper Deck for replacements. So, the way I figure it I have 62/87 cards including 1/1's. I am 25 away from owning the complete Al Bundy "master set". The only problem is all the ones I need now are auto's and extremely low print run.

I love collecting hockey cards, I really do, but honestly...I think I love my Al Bundy collection the most. Yes, even more than my Jordan Staal's. I think it has almost made me famous, lol. Everyone knows my sig. I have had so many compliments on it and even a offers to buy it. It has been a challenge to get these many diffent cards and a whole lot of patience, but it was worth every minute.

Thank you for reading how I got started on collecting Al Bundy and letting me tell my story. Oh...one more thing. When I can manage to afford it, I will be getting my Al Bundy tattoo. You will know when I get it because it will be my new avatar.

"I haven't asked for much and God knows I've gotten it!"
    -Al Bundy
    Last edited by J.Staal_Collector; 08-24-2009 at 05:46 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gretzky_collector's Items on eBay

Oops...I forgot to spell check and I see I have a couple spelling errors but it won't let me edit the post. Sorry.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Collecting Al Bundy
    By: Ian Banks (aka gretzky_collector)

My Al Bundy Photobucket: http://photobucket.com/A_B

I remember my aunt Diane and her husband coming over one night back in 1987. At the time I was only 10 years old so the adults talked about their jobs and such over a few drinks while I played with my toys. Later that evening we were all watching TV. That's when my aunt said that a new show was starting that night. My dad flipped the channel over and that's when I watched "Married…with Children" for the very first time. I have been hooked ever since and it's been 22 years! I taped every episode and that is all I ever watched. Over and over. I now have Season's 1-10 on DVD, just waiting for the last season, season 11. It comes out in October.

I like to think I know everything about Married with Children.

Al Bundy, so funny…the greatest dad in TV history. He was by far my favorite character on the show. He made me laugh the most because he was always up to something. Avoiding the wife, starting riots at the Jiggly Room, reliving his glory days of High School football...he was the best. (I wish a company would make a card of him in his Polk High uniform)

What I admired about him the most is that he never gave up. Let's face it; his life was horrible. A lazy wife, two rotten kids and worst of all he sold ladies shoes. Nothing ever went right for him no matter how hard he tried. He'd get knocked down but always got back up for more! He was a great guy...I really miss him.

I have collected hockey cards forever and hopefully always will. I love collecting my little "pieces of cardboard". Well, anyway, I was searching Jordan Staal cards on eBay one day and decided to do a search on Al Bundy to see what came up. Mostly Polk High shirts, comic books and DVDs appeared. Then I noticed a card! Could it be? It was a 2007 Donruss Americana Silver Proof Ed O'Neill /250. Without thinking I hit the "buy it now". That's how it all began. I bought every card I could of his and I still do. I was so happy to see that my TV hero had cards. I think it is safe to say I have the largest Ed O'Neill/Al Bundy collection on the planet. (Quite possibly the only Al Bundy collection on the planet if I may add)

I have the complete set of 2008 NFL Icons Autographed "POLK HIGH" Lettermen set with each card numbered out of /12. When those autographed letters hit eBay, I made sure my bids were high enough to win. I had to make the set! I remember when the last letter arrived at my house, I actually cried tears of joy...seriously. It is the biggest accomplishment I have ever made in all my years of collecting cards. It is probably the only complete set out there as you NEVER see autographed letters on eBay anymore. I will be buried with this set! I also have the non autographed "O'NEILL" Lettermen set with each card numbered to /63 and the complete non autographed "POLK HIGH" Lettermen set with each card numbered to /30.

Here are the sets:

Yet again, doing one of my many daily eBay searches, I noticed an Ed O'Neill 2008 Celebrity Cuts Platinum 1/1. You're kidding? Al Bundy has a 1/1? I had to have it at all costs! The night it ended, I sat and watched as the time ticked down. At the last second I put a HUGE bid on it. I ended up getting it for almost nothing. Well, at least a lot less than I was willing to pay. I couldn't believe it! Since then I managed to acquire three Ed O'Neill 1/1's. He only has eight so I am almost halfway there.

Here are the 1/1s I have in hand.
    (I have the cyan printing plate incoming. I just won it last week)

I have managed to pick up another 6 autographs of him too. The only thing with his autographed cards is that they are all "band aid" autos. I have never seen his auto "hard signed"

Here are the auto's I have in hand:
    (the 2009 Spectrum of Stars Die Cut /50 is incoming with the 1/1 printing plate)

Do you remember the movie "Blue Chips" with Shaq and Nick Nolte? Apparently Ed O'Neill was in that movie. (I am not a basketball fan so I’ve never seen it and never knew he was in it). I found out recently that there was a set of cards made for the movie. Ed O'Neill has 4 cards in the set where he is pictured. I picked the set up on eBay for a whopping $0.99 and took the 4 cards out for my collection.

These are the cards with him pictured:

I currently have 60 different cards and another two incoming. I know of 104 different cards but 17 will probably never be made. He has two autographed Lettermen set redemptions from 2008 NFL Icons. One set was to spell out "LITTLE GIANTS" and the other was to spell out "OSHEA". I redeemed two of them when the first came out but after waiting 6 months I asked Upper Deck for replacements. So, the way I figure it I have 62/87 cards including 1/1s. I am 25 away from owning the complete Al Bundy "master set". The only problem is all the ones I need now are autographs and extremely low print run.

I love collecting hockey cards, I really do, but honestly...I think I love my Al Bundy collection the most. Yes, even more than my Jordan Staal's. I think it has almost made me famous. Everyone knows my sig. I have had so many compliments on it and even an offers to buy it. It has been a challenge to get these many different cards and a whole lot of patience, but it was worth every minute.

Thank you for reading how I got started on collecting Al Bundy and letting me tell my story. Oh...one more thing. When I can manage to afford it, I will be getting my Al Bundy tattoo. You will know when I get it because it will be my new avatar.

"I haven't asked for much and God knows I've gotten it!"
    -Al Bundy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kylefanbsb1963's Items on eBay

Great article!

I loved the show (still do..) and there is a little Al Bundy in all of us...I too was married with children and a lady shoes salesman (although I sold shoes before the wife and kids came along, but it still haunts me!)

...and that collection!...thanks for sharing it with us!