Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shike33's Items on eBay

My big misstake was when i parted with my Selanne + J.Jokinen PC!
    I made the desicion to stop collecting becouse a LOT of people around me started arguing about their card`s.
    If i had a card with a BV of 20 he would NOT trade it for a similar valued card becouse it was his???
    8/
    Well,i went on and sold of every single card (Exept 1 RC of Teemu)!
    Now some years later i felt empty.

To the sunny side of the story!
    I started following some forums and the "hunger" came back.
    Began to buy some and tear wax!
    WOW! This was fun and here i am again.
    8)

But man,do i miss those card`s of mine!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

Not my screw up but my uncles. He collected cards in the 60's and one day as a kid he decided to glue them into a scrap book. A few New Years ago my Uncle had me go through the book to see if he anything worth something. The book was loaded with star cards from 66/67 and 67/68 including a MINT second year Orr card. Only problem was that they had been glued down with elmers glue, one glob for each back corner. After 40+ years in the book the cards were still securely stuck.

When I told him how much the Orr would have been worth if he had not glued he would have cried. Luckily he did not glue his Tim Horton SIGNED 4 X 6 in the book.
    Collecting Jim Carey cards!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey all... 1st post to the forums for me, and couldn't be in a better thread. Sorry to hear all the sad tales but sooner or later it happens to all of us, I guess. Good thing is it's just little pieces of cardboard, after all.

My tale of woe is exactly the same as the OP's... just substitute a near-mint '53-54 Parkhurst #32 Bouchard for his card and the results are identical. The irony being that I was trying to be so extremely careful not to hurt the card in any way and was holding it VERY gently by the edges.... so gently in fact that I dropped the thing. Reflexes took care of the rest... :-(

To the fellow whose little girl colored in the white Crosby jersey... keep it, you'll treasure it even more after you walk her down the aisle.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've never had great luck pulling high end cards, mostly because I don't buy high end boxes. This day was no different, I was at the local shop buying a box of UD ice, sitting in the car and boom first pack I pull a Toews rookie numbered out of 99. I march right back into the shop to see what I can get, ended up leaving with a box of spx and about 5 singles for my pc. The card sells the next day for $700. Here's what I ended up getting in return.

The 5 singles I traded for were all under $20 a piece, luckily it was a good box of spx, Malkin/Crosby dual jersey, Joe Sakic patch numbered out of 25. Too this day I still don't know what came over me, why I felt the need to trade away the best pull of my life for a couple low end Habs cards for my PC. I've just recently (within the last 2 months) started buying cards again because of the stupidity that was that trade. Maybe the thought of having a piece of cardboard worth several hundred dollars was too much to bear, long story short the next high end card I pull is going directly into my safe deposit box at the bank.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now that sucks!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

i spilled gatorade all over my stephan valliquete rookie card. it was personally auto'd by him too.. but the auto is still fine and the card is not destroyed, not too much wear considering. lucky i guess. still a shame though :(
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stephen.vorel's Items on eBay

not exactly a mistake but my p.k. subban fw went for $26 on eBay :(

guy won it fair and square, sucks though. should of put it as BIN or starting bid at the bare minimum i would like

SCF Rewards
    Country

As some of you may have noticed, I just started collecting. In my first box ever I pulled a Voracek game used jersey card and tried putting it in a small hard plastic. As you can imagine you would really have to force it in and only after attempting it did I realize it does not work! Bottom line the card is completely messed up...I'm actually glad it happened with a card I dont care about. Lesson learned!

SCF Rewards
    Country

As some of you may have noticed, I just started collecting. In my first box ever I pulled a Voracek game used jersey card and tried putting it in a small hard plastic. As you can imagine you would really have to force it in and only after attempting it did I realize it does not work! Bottom line the card is completely messed up...I'm actually glad it happened with a card I dont care about. Lesson learned!

I've had this problem a couple times but luckily I've never damaged a card putting it in a toploader. Can't say the same for the guy who sent me a card, with a deep thumb print at the top of it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(78)
    Country
    See Bramursgrl2004's Items on eBay

A couple of years ago I bought two boxes of UD1 to bring home and open, after leaving the store I put the boxes on the front seat of the car. Part way home I got cut off and had to slam on the breaks, one of the boxes hit the floor hard, t he other stayed on the seat. Trust me I could tell the boxes apart when I opened them, I now keep the boxes on the floor while in the car.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast