Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

NOT Getting a Taylor Hall RC before he made the bigs is a mistake I wish I didn't make.
    Last edited by Keegan; 03-06-2011 at 11:30 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Baltimore Ravens Minnesota Timberwolves
    See damahed's Items on eBay

well this is the worst thing ever happened to me , I work in a company with almost 3000 employees and in my department a good bunch of people know that I collect sports cards and every now and then one of them comes up to me and tells me that he has some hockey cards that they would like to sell not knowing what they got or witch year most of the time they invite me to look at them so here I am going to thier house with my beckett hoping to buy some cards and sure enough as you guessed by now the cards turn up to be a total useless garbage proset and upper deck from 91-92-93 and million singles from late 80s and 90s so 10000 cards that you would not pay$10 for and this event happend to me more than once so the one day another one came and asked me if I buy cards because he has a few shoe boxes full that he would like to get rid of and hope to buy his son a bike and again I say yes and agree to go to his house and look at them but just befor we part ways he mentions that he used to collect cards with this other guy years back and guess who this guy was , yes , that same dude that I went to his house and found 10000 useless waste of cardboard cards soI decided to bail out and make up an excuse there and then about me going somewhere and not being able to come to his house , so I remembered a prank a good friend of mine played on me who happens to own a sports card shop so I came with the genius idea to send this guy with his boxes to him and made sure he tells him that I sent him , so fewdays later I decided to pay my friend a visit to see how the pay back went only to have him welcome me like a king and asked his employee to get us coffee from timmie's and when I asked him if that was a call for truce he said to me that this was the least he could do to thank me for the treasure I sent him , so me not believing till he pulled a box and opened it in front of me and out he pulled 2 opc gretzky RC's 6 Lemieux RC's and a couple Roy rookies and a bunch of other RC cards that included Yzerman , hull , Fuhr ,messier , Bourqe , and almost every star from that era in mutiples and that is besides all the other non Rc star players and he told me that the guy told him he would give him a deal if he buys the whole thing of course that meaning all 10 or twelve boxes he brought with him that day , and after my friend opens the first couple of boxes and saw whats in them he agreed to the deal , anyway the dude's exact words were I would like to get a couple hundred dollars to buy my son a bike but my friend told him that this stuff is worth more than $200 and he gave him $650 and the guy could not belive it so he left the store in a hurry thinking he better run before the store owner changed his mind, now that is by far the worst thing that could have happened to a collector missing over $20.000 BV of cards for $650 and who knows maybe less ,

by the way one of the Lemieux rookie cards he got was graded a BGS 9.5 and sold on ebay for over $2000 at the time

Periods are your friends.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See masonraymond0320's Items on eBay

Ok, I just did something really stupid. I had my Konopka donruss 2 coloured swatch card /50 stuck in the metal piece in the Place where you keep your keyboard in, and I started trying to pull it out!!! (really dumb idea), and in 20 seconds the penny sleeve was damaged badly on the top and the top of the card was damaged!! :( what I coulda done was just grab the card out without even trying to pull it out. AND I didn't have a toploader on because I took it off to put the top loader on another card. I was too cheap to buy another set of top loaders!! I coulda prevented damaging the card! But because I was too cheap, lazy and stupid my card is damaged now. Luckily it wasn't a high end card, or i'd be feeling super bad.

just ranting about myself lol

:)
    Last edited by MasonRaymond0320; 03-10-2011 at 12:39 AM.
    Hidden Content
    I collect: Adam Larsson, Mason Raymond and Matt Duchene

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok, I just did something really stupid. I had my Konopka donruss 2 coloured swatch card /50 stuck in the metal piece in the Place where you keep your keyboard in, and I started trying to pull it out!!! (really dumb idea), and in 20 seconds the penny sleeve was damaged badly on the top and the top of the card was damaged!! :( what I coulda done was just grab the card out without even trying to pull it out. AND I didn't have a toploader on because I took it off to put the top loader on another card. I was too cheap to buy another set of top loaders!! I coulda prevented damaging the card! But because I was too cheap, lazy and stupid my card is damaged now. Luckily it wasn't a high end card, or i'd be feeling super bad.

just ranting about myself lol

:)

good story.

Country
    See robcynd's Items on eBay

ha, cool thread. I did a trade on this site actually.

one of the cards came screwed up, so he sent me a equal value replacement.

it was a Alexander Steen SOTT on card auto

I got it, and I was happy with it.

I told my wife to put it in a little bag we had in there from like snacks or something.

I cleaned the car out the day after this... thinking that bag was trash... so I threw away a perfectly good Steen auto from 05-06 i think ultimate sigs

made me sick... I looked everywhere for it.

it was 20 degrees that night, and the dumpster was maybe 7 feet high... so I couldn't get in...

terrible

SCF Rewards
    Country

I told my wife to put it in a little bag we had in there from like snacks or something.

I cleaned the car out the day after this... thinking that bag was trash... so I threw away a perfectly good Steen auto from 05-06 i think ultimate sigs

it was 20 degrees that night, and the dumpster was maybe 7 feet high... so I couldn't get in...

terrible

that must have been a terrible feeling, sorry for your loss.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ive done similar things. Its horrible when it happens.

terrible

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (32) HI
    Country

regret undone!

nothing dramatic like you guys but my biggest regret was saying i'd let an auction go b/c i felt i didn't need it at the time and thought the card was pretty plain. fast forward to present day and i still haven't found another copy of an 05-06 UD Lundqvist Rookie Threads Auto /10.

no more regrets! after passing this card up like an idiot the first time, i finally have it in hand after 6 years of searching.

SCF Rewards
    Country

no more regrets! after passing this card up like an idiot the first time, i finally have it in hand after 6 years of searching.

Nice Kev!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ray_collectibles's Items on eBay

That Lundqvist is a beauty of a card. I always did fancy the 05-06 Rookie Thread Autos.

I guess my regret would be selling off my Stamkos collection last off-season, I needed the funds but I do miss the cards I had in the collection. Even now that most of his cards have doubled in price since Ive sold them.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast