Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (30)
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    See maxdog_23's Items on eBay

WTTF/ WTB old pennies, etc.

Not looking for anything expensive here- just looking for old coins from 1930's- forward to complete some coin books. Looking for wheat pennies especially.

If you could please post the coins you have with the year and mint (P,S,D) it would be very helpful- really looking for coins from the San Fran mint.

I will trade bball and fball for them, and might buy. Thanks!
    Always looking for Base, Inserts, RC, GU, Autos:
    James Casey (formerly Broncos NFL, Eagles NFL, Texans NFL)
    LOOKING FOR JAMES CASEY 2009 TOPPS FINEST NAMEPLATES /10

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sivers's Items on eBay

Bet you figured you'd never get a reply?

I have a fair amount of wheat pennies at home (I love them.) and will see what I have.

Can you point me to a webpage where I can learn a little bit about them and what I am looking for?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See travlncard's Items on eBay

Ill second Josh as well... Ive got a plastic coin roll, that ive been saving my wheat pennies in, i almost have a full roll... haha probably nothin, but ive been savin for years! Few other odds and ends nothin big though...

When I was younger i found a penny with two Lincoln heads on the penny... There was the regular head with another image of a lincoln head next to it! i was at my Grandparents house, and i found it on the counter, and my Mom made me give it to my Grandpa! To this day i wonder what i let get away... and what he ended up getting for that penny! Thats why i figured id come in here, thats what i thought about right away... Any ideas?? had to be 20 years ago now...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (30)
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers

Bet you figured you'd never get a reply?

I have a fair amount of wheat pennies at home (I love them.) and will see what I have.

Can you point me to a webpage where I can learn a little bit about them and what I am looking for?

Thanks for the response!!!

Anyway, not sure what you mean- I am not very well versed in coin collecting. To be honest, I just thought it'd be fun to put together coin books. I can get you a list of the coins I still need tonight if that helps. As far as websites go, I have no idea at all lol :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (30)
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers

Ill second Josh as well... Ive got a plastic coin roll, that ive been saving my wheat pennies in, i almost have a full roll... haha probably nothin, but ive been savin for years! Few other odds and ends nothin big though...

When I was younger i found a penny with two Lincoln heads on the penny... There was the regular head with another image of a lincoln head next to it! i was at my Grandparents house, and i found it on the counter, and my Mom made me give it to my Grandpa! To this day i wonder what i let get away... and what he ended up getting for that penny! Thats why i figured id come in here, thats what i thought about right away... Any ideas?? had to be 20 years ago now...

Wow I have never heard of something like that- a minting error maybe?? Definitely very interesting! Did he sell it?

I am really just a novice at this- I have looked for wheat pennies for years, and it is always really cool to find one. So I am not at all familiar with all the different coins that are out there.

My grandparents brought me a 25+ pound bottle of coins to go thru this weekend, plus a little baggy of wheat pennies- there was one from 1917! and a steel one from 1943- I thought that was pretty awesome. I am still going thru the huge bottle lol.

Sorry I can't help more!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sivers's Items on eBay

Here's a page I found with a quick google search. It offers some basic info.

http://sammler.com/coins/wheat_pennies.htm

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (30)
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers

Thanks- that is very helpful!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See travlncard's Items on eBay

haha, very cool... Thanks

Most of mine are from the 40s and 50s not worth much... but my prize piece is a 1917 wheat penny, worth a $1... lol

its funny thinkin i have a penny worth a quarter??? or i have a penny worth a dollar??? haha a penny worth a dollar

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sps23lab's Items on eBay

I am a avid coin collector and have many s mints from 1919-58
    let me know which ones you need
    I have the complete set except for 1 an error

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (30)
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers

I am a avid coin collector and have many s mints from 1919-58
    let me know which ones you need
    I have the complete set except for 1 an error

Cool I will check it out and get back to you thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast