Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Same card, same number, different patch?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Ryanmc5's Items on eBay

they make their own card?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I tried to point out to the seller Rollerman that he was selling a fake, and I got this response:

I PICK THIS CARD IN A CASE OF ULTIMATE 09-10
    THIS IS A REAL PATCH NOT A FAKE
    DON'T BID OR SEND AN OFFER IN MY CARDS IN THE FUTURE

So I guess he didn't appreciate my kind gesture.

I msged him and he told me that its not his card and with proof he had no choice other than remove it from ebay
    Card is no longer on ebay
    Last edited by The Germinator; 10-04-2011 at 10:32 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

They take out the 1colour white patch and put a sick one to sell for premium

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See LucicCrew's Items on eBay

Nah, they'll buy a patch or a jersey or some other piece of memorabilia of that team and cut out a patch that fits the window, and then glue that new piece over the old one, because better looking patches sell for more money.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Ryanmc5's Items on eBay

ok thanks

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (126)
    Country

I have seen some obvious fakes but I don't see what is giving you enough info to tell these are fake. If they glue a patch over the original one there will be a difference in the inset of the patch and on some I can clearly tell that there is no more of an inset than the others. I seen a TJ Oshie Cup Patch Auto, numbered like the patches but it had a tag in it which I know is a fake. These shoulder patches are thick and it would more than likely stick out of the card insead of being inset. I'm not trying to arguee with anyone here, just want to know how you are telling this just by looking at these cards, I do a lot if business with patches and GU and can't see the difference.

With the one on the first page that has a different serial # really makes me wonder how you are seeing this. The cup will put out different versions of the rookie cards but most different variations are either signed with no GU, signed and GU, or just plain. Are you saying their cutting exact slots in these cards to put in a GU piece? I also find it a little hard to think that someone would take out a patch and flip it upside down, ti would give it no more value as a 5 color piece would bring the same regardless of the direction it was turned. Like I said, not trying to argue and I know their are fakes but I think your going a little overboard with it but I am curious too so I would like to know what you do

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (126)
    Country

No, the 4CL says 58/99. Believe me, I contacted the buyer of this card yesterday hoping that it was 59/99 as well. But no, he confirmed he has the repatched 4CL Stamkos 58/99.

I find this REAL hard to believe. For 1, some took a $2500 Stamkos card and repatched it BUT THEN you contacted the buyer and he admitted he falsified the card. Sorry but I'll believe that when pigs fly, if he repatched it to sell why the hell would he admit he ruined this card. Also, the area of the cutout for the patch isn't a square so you would have to have diamond cutting equipment and diamond cutting skill to be able to repatch that as good as it is. I just can't believe this

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (126)
    Country

I came close to winning this card. I thought that it looked to good to be true because I only went up to like 20 bucks on it, wouldn't go any higher. It makes me sick to think that a fellow Goligoski collector got stuck with this fake.

I find this one hard to believe as well. The original is numbered 14 and the other is numbered 4. Did they take the 1 off and put a 0 on it? No one that I have seen either mentions that ALL of these cards have conflicting colors around the patches. Are they changing the edging colors too? Changing them and the patch so well that Beckett can't tell when Beckett can see very small surface scratches and the smallest dents on the corners. Once again, find this very hard to actually believe

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have seen some obvious fakes but I don't see what is giving you enough info to tell these are fake. If they glue a patch over the original one there will be a difference in the inset of the patch and on some I can clearly tell that there is no more of an inset than the others. I seen a TJ Oshie Cup Patch Auto, numbered like the patches but it had a tag in it which I know is a fake. These shoulder patches are thick and it would more than likely stick out of the card insead of being inset. I'm not trying to arguee with anyone here, just want to know how you are telling this just by looking at these cards, I do a lot if business with patches and GU and can't see the difference.

With the one on the first page that has a different serial # really makes me wonder how you are seeing this. The cup will put out different versions of the rookie cards but most different variations are either signed with no GU, signed and GU, or just plain. Are you saying their cutting exact slots in these cards to put in a GU piece? I also find it a little hard to think that someone would take out a patch and flip it upside down, ti would give it no more value as a 5 color piece would bring the same regardless of the direction it was turned. Like I said, not trying to argue and I know their are fakes but I think your going a little overboard with it but I am curious too so I would like to know what you do

No they are not saying they are cutting exact slots... Go home and grab a crappy jersey card of a nobody and try and remove the jersey piece. It is not hard to do (I have tried this as an experiment I do not replace patches on cards for those of you who might think I do). Now take another jersey card of a nobody (this is for the experiment someone else would buy a replica jersey and cut out a patch from the jersey) now once both jerseys are out which is very easy switch them. Stick the first one in the second card and the second one in the first card. You have just now switched your first jersey cards. There was no cutting holes in cards or anything. You can see how easy this would be for someone else to do it with putting a fake patch in.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast