Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See DrivetheGreen66's Items on eBay

Found another Goligoski. It looks pretty good to mean but that is by far the best patch I have seen and just wondered about the authenticity.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-09-Alex-Gol...item2eac3f9681

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jaywheel77's Items on eBay

Didn't bet on that one, looked too good to be true to me too.
    What about these?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Carey-PRICE-08-0...item4a9ecf5bd5

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (115)
    Country
    See neilnijjar12's Items on eBay

got a link in my sig to a bunch more fakes along with some of there originals

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ly100's Items on eBay

Do we have a list of the sellers who are selling or 'making' these fake patches?
    I bought this Mike Richards from ebay recently, and just got it in the mail....and would like some opinions
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260577972257&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It doesn't look like anything too fancy, however, what raises my suspicion a bit is how the patch is placed in the card.....
    With most of my other patch cards, the patch is right up against the window, or close to being right up against the window, as though it was glued to the front most side of the card....basically, the hole where the patch is, the patch itself usually totally fills that hole right to the top of the hole.....
    However, this one, (and you can't tell from the pic though i can try to take another pic that may show it), the patch is not right up against the window. There is a very obvious space between the window and the patch as though the patch is glued to the back of the card.....basically, there is still a 'hole' because the patch does not fill the hole.
    Is this something that you guys see in your patch cards too? Or should i be worried?

Appreciate all the insight and info this thread is providing....
    Thanks guys!
    Last edited by leonyu; 04-24-2010 at 12:30 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ly100's Items on eBay

So is there a list of the ebay sellers that are involved in this scam so that we know who to avoid?
    Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country

And you look at this and say to yourself.. why fake a Justin Williams patch? Is that worth anything?

Right side patch window, on this card:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JUSTIN-WILLIAMS-...item53e172e0e8

vs. this picture which I captured on Sept 29, 2008:

SCF Rewards
    Country

So is there a list of the ebay sellers that are involved in this scam so that we know who to avoid?
    Thanks!

ya, i'd like a list as well if possible

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok i started to look at this forum and people are clearly posting different cards.. like one is 58 of 99 and one is 59 of 99.. how do you figure these are the same cards? I think this thread is a great idea for noobs like me.. put why post these scans where you can read the number,

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    HI (4)
    Country

I got this card from a guy in the Czech Republic and it really bums me out to find that I recieved a card that has been tampered with. Is their some sort of archives from Upper Deck or any other card manufacturers we can check to make sure we are not getting fakes????

And you look at this and say to yourself.. why fake a Justin Williams patch? Is that worth anything?

Right side patch window, on this card:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JUSTIN-WILLIAMS-07-08-CUP-EMBLEM-PATCH-AUTOGRAPH-15-/360264687848?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Car ds&hash=item53e172e0e8

vs. this picture which I captured on Sept 29, 2008:

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    HI (4)
    Country

What can I do about this???......Burn the card????

I got this card from a guy in the Czech Republic and it really bums me out to find that I recieved a card that has been tampered with. Is their some sort of archives from Upper Deck or any other card manufacturers we can check to make sure we are not getting fakes????

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast