Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Country

What is the upside(s) to card collecting for you?

For me, it would be keeping me sane during the busy times at high school. what would be the upside to your collecting?

Blog Entries
    Country
    See sportsmem918's Items on eBay

For me, it would be keeping me sane during the busy times at high school. what would be the upside to your collecting?

That and having fun while doing it :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

Something that I can kick back and relax while looking at cards...gets your mind off of other things that you are thinking about. Plus, it's fun, and beats other illegal "hobbies" that people have...I'd much rather collect cards than be caught up in illegal activities.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ufcbrocklesnar's Items on eBay

A 20 year hobby...other then wwe figures, only hobbies that can keep my interest

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (34)
    Country
    See jmoss722's Items on eBay

That and having fun while doing it :)

Same with me. I think i would be going nuts without cards and viedo games.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just collect so that my kids have something to looka t in the future and maybe make some money if they don;t like the hobby. I am just collecting and not trading/selling that much.

Golf got in the middle of my hobbies and I wanna play everyday

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See schwood's Items on eBay

Love the chase of the card.
    Have stuff for my kids when they get older.
    Relaxation. Love to sort stuff and get it organized.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Collection for the love of autographs, especially with the stadiums in NY always being packed, with little to no access to graphing in person.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See webstersjk's Items on eBay

To me it's all about me. Besides everybody here, and the owner of my local card shop, I don't really know anyone else who collects. I don't talk about it at work or when I go out Tuesdays and Thursdays to play pool or with my family during a Thanksgiving meal. Think about it. Who do you really talk sports cards with.

So, I guess it's one of "those things" that I have that not many do.

If that makes any sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fatzblades's Items on eBay

Nostalgia. I would memorize stats, faces to names. In 1985-1987, it would have been hard to bring up any MLB player's name without me knowing something about them (stats, nickname, what they look like, etc). There were no book values on any of these cards to me. I would separate them in team piles, make sets, trade with my friends.

I kinda got out of the hobby when it became a business to me. It just wasn't fun. This upper deck company came along and jacked up prices so high my allowance just wouldn't cover it. $3 a pack?! Are you @#$@# kidding me?!!!

I have since gotten back into the hobby. 2 good friends of mine got me back into it about 2 months ago and I'm hooked again. Everything is just so overwhelming now compared to the 80's to early 90's, but some of it in a good way. It's still about collecting for me. I'm a big fan of busting packs and boxes. It's great to pull a card that sells well on eBay, but for me I'd rather pull a rare card for my PC. I still love putting together sets by hand too. The hobby just brings me back to my youth....which I sorely miss :)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast