Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

'Die quickly' congressman becomes liberal hero

'Die quickly' congressman becomes liberal hero

A little more than a week ago, few Americans had heard of Rep. Alan Grayson, who represents the Orlando area, and more than a handful of his congressional colleagues may not have been able to pick the 6-foot-4, 51-year-old out of a lineup.

But that was before the combative Bronx-born congressman and Harvard-educated lawyer took to the floor of the House of Representatives last week, shocking the few Republicans within earshot when he dramatically declared the GOP health care plan is "Don't get sick, and if you do get sick, die quickly"...

...For Republicans, Grayson was the long-sought answer to Rep. Joe Wilson, the South Carolina Republican who yelled "You lie" to President Obama last month and faced a torrent of Democratic criticism for breaching congressional protocol and basic principles of human decency.

But many Democrats so outwardly critical of Wilson's behavior quickly rallied to Grayson's side, seemingly thrilled a Democrat finally had showed a level of brazenness that's long been more characteristic of those on the other side of aisle.

"People want to see a congressman with guts," Grayson told CNN. "And America likes to hear the truth."

But for liberals, many of whom say they feel their party is all too willing to roll over amid GOP attacks, it wasn't just Grayson's initial comments that drew acclaim but also the Florida Democrat's hardhearted refusal to recant his statements in the face of Republican criticism.

Oh the hypocrisy...

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's only hypocritical is you assume ALL Democrats disagreed with Wilson--keep in mind that some applauded it. You're also assuming that those agreeing with the congressman's comment disagreed with Wilson's, which isn't necessarily true.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rlynch5ixp's Items on eBay

"And he's won liberal support for his steadfast support of ACORN,"

He's a joke. Look at him. Of coarse he is a liberal hero. His outlandish circus like behavior fits the mold perfectly. He stands for nothing that benefits anyone. keep in mind that his little show required time and preperation. Liberals like to play the games and that is all this guy is doing. The political games come before anything and everything else. The liberals that still support Acorn cant seperate the game from reality. They only support Acorn because conservatives exposed their criminal activity. They support and defend criminal activity because they think that anything else would be admitting defeat in their little game. They just dont realize that there are a lot of people who arent playing the game. As far as Healthcare goes, the only person on the right who has played their game is Palin with her Death Panel comment. that was a bit over the top. This jackass fails to realize that palin is just a citizen now. yelling you lie was not part of the game. Obama was antagonizing and he was certainly not being truthful. Wilson was also out of line for yelling it and he apologized. This little display by this jackass just shows what the far left is. Im glad he is their hero and i think he is a good representative for the left.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It's only hypocritical is you assume ALL Democrats disagreed with Wilson--keep in mind that some applauded it. You're also assuming that those agreeing with the congressman's comment disagreed with Wilson's, which isn't necessarily true.

I fully understand the circumstances you mentioned, plus I'm sure not all liberals agree with what this guy has done either. I'm not assuming this applies to all liberals...but a lot of the same people who poo pooed Wilson are the ones jumping on this guy's crazy wagon, that can't be denied.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

I fully understand the circumstances you mentioned, plus I'm sure not all liberals agree with what this guy has done either. I'm not assuming this applies to all liberals...but a lot of the same people who poo pooed Wilson are the ones jumping on this guy's crazy wagon, that can't be denied.

Kind of like how a lot of people who were fine with Wilson are all over this guy. (See post above yours)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Kind of like how a lot of people who were fine with Wilson are all over this guy. (See post above yours)

That's true, no question. But my point was Wilson's episode came first, just a couple of weeks ago actually, and these people were all over him, yet now those same people are fine with this. I agree, there is definitely hypocricy on both sides, but they were the ones who came out against this type of behavior first...if that makes sense.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shortking98's Items on eBay

That's true, no question. But my point was Wilson's episode came first, just a couple of weeks ago actually, and these people were all over him, yet now those same people are fine with this. I agree, there is definitely hypocricy on both sides, but they were the ones who came out against this type of behavior first...if that makes sense.

Agreed, you've got to either be for something or against it, not for it depending on who says it or vice versa. Would be nice to see some consistency from any of these clowns (both sides).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

It's hypocritical to accuse others of hypocrisy if you are a hypocrite yourself. 'N' stuff. All of this is 100% partisan politics on both sides, and anyone who denies this is a liar. "When the guys on my side rock the boat, it's good and heroic and patriotic! When the guys on the other side rock the boat, it's evil and wrong and treacherous!"

That being said, I personally am glad the boat is rocking. This whole thing is a joke, and in the teeth of such a large-scale farce, the only thing to hope for is chaos for the sake of chaos. Like George Carlin said, I'm an entropy fan.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rlynch5ixp's Items on eBay

Wilson told the truth at the inappropriate time. I also think he was pretty embarrassed. It was like when the music goes down and you are the last person still talking loud over the music. I doubt it was his intent to be singled out for it. I dont think it was an attempt to get personal publicity. It wasnt planned.

This loon made made posters and planned his outragious over the top stunt to discredit republicans. Its just more games. You really think anyone beleives that crap. Its an attempt to get people to do whatyou all are doing right now. comparing the two things as equal. Obama did lie. This tries to make the point that Obama DID LIE seem as insane as this joker's little stunt. You are aware that little worms sit in rooms all day and plan this crap out. Its just a game to them....EVERYTHING!!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Gotcha.