Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rankings

Thumbs up New Rankings

I've never heard of this guy before (Ivan Maisel) but he did an after spring football Top25 ranking for next year. I actually liked a lot of what this guy had to say. Check it out :

http://espn.go.com/ncf/columns/maisel_ivan/1559503.html

Still don't agree with as high as Pitt is. Sure they got a good squad, but have yet to prove they can seal the deal in close games so 14 is a stretch.

ND is way to low, they always complete ranked 20 come on, could be a little higher.

This was before the ND running back officailly said he was coming back next year. I'm sure if they were updated, ND would be up a couple more notches.

Notre Dame was over-rated last year...and showed just how over-rated they were once they played the USC Trojans.

Rankings are irrelevant.

If ND is really that good, they'll beat every team and go undefeated.

That's the beauty of sports. Being #1 and playing a team not #1 doesn't guarantee you victories. That's why you often see different teams at the #1 position

Two bones to pick - UVA at #8...™™™? There's no friggin way any ACC team should be in the top 10...

FSU ahead of NCSU - I don't see it...

But as for rankings in general, you see different teams jocley for #1 every year...but it is important to have that top spot or be near it due to the damned BCS...
    Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity

Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 107/271 (39.5%)

***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***

I'm as much of a homer for Maryland as there is, and I would have to say that 12 is a little high for now.

8 is ridiculous for Virginia. I'm sure they'll pull a couple choke jobs early in the season and become unranked.

Wow, Cornhuskers not even ranked, they have one rebuilding year with a young quarterback and people think they are done. That's rough.

I still don't see how Miami is #2, with very few proven players on their team, and all the off the feild problems. Ohio State did nothing to lose their #1 ranking.

Originally posted by sisco519
    Wow, Cornhuskers not even ranked, they have one rebuilding year with a young quarterback and people think they are done. That's rough.
    Cornhuskers have a lot more problems than just a young QB... they still don't have a defense.

Though OSU did nothing to lose their top spot...OU had the best recruiting class this year and didn't lose much either....I say it's a toss-up....
    Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity

Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 107/271 (39.5%)

***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast