Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I always had a gut feeling that Matt Holliday will be a Yankee one day. We'll see how it pans out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See YouNoahMe's Items on eBay

Roy Halladay reportedly has said he would waive his no trade clause to come to the yankees.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=nyy

What about lackey? Anyone think he is going anywhere ?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Well I can see them getting halladay or lackey but not both,and if they can get halladay with using joba chamberlain as tradebait I'm all for it.I wouldn't want them to let montero or jackson go in that deal as jorge is about to retire and the outfield will definitely need restocking.The yankees can just sit tight as who knows maybe chien ming-wang will come back strong from his injuries and be the pitcher they need without having to trade anyone.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See no page's Items on eBay

Good article. I would give up Hughes or Joba plus Jackson for Halliday. I would like to keep Montero if we could. We could throw in Melky or Gardner too.

This could really solidify the Yankees rotation. Not only getting Halliday, but he truly is a mentor for AJ, and i bet AJ would pitch better with him there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Personally I think the Yankees will resign Damon and let Matsui go. I don't think they're going to sign neither Holliday nor Bay. When it comes to Roy Halladay I don't know. If I were the Yankees I would do Chamberlain and Gardner in a deal over to the Jays for Halladay. I'd keep Melky in center and I'd keep Phil Hughes and put him in the starting rotation.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gamboooler's Items on eBay

Joba, Kennedy, and Gardner is not going to be enough for Halladay for the Blue Jays. And I don't want to give a 33 y/o pitcher a 5yr/100mm contract. The Yankees don't need Halladay. If they get Halladay, they need to resign Damon and Matsui and try to win as many championships as possible over the next five, because they would have a huge turnover at the end of that period. At the end of that period, you'd have Halladay, AJ, Rivera, Posada, Jeter, Damon, and Matsui gone. CC and A-Rod would be getting up there in years, too. And the team would probably have a very weak farm system to boot. Keeping Joba and Hughes helps a little in the short-term and a lot in the long-term.

It's late and I'm tired, so hopefully the above is semi-coherent. Long story short... I'm hoping they end up with neither Halladay nor Holliday.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good article. I would give up Hughes or Joba plus Jackson for Halliday. I would like to keep Montero if we could. We could throw in Melky or Gardner too.

This could really solidify the Yankees rotation. Not only getting Halliday, but he truly is a mentor for AJ, and i bet AJ would pitch better with him there.

I would let go Hughes or Joba plus Montero, a 2nd tier prospect, plus Gardner or Melky for Halladay. Yanks have a couple of catching prospects to spare and plus they would want to go after Mauer if he's available next season, so Montero is expendable.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gamboooler's Items on eBay

I would let go Hughes or Joba plus Montero, a 2nd tier prospect, plus Gardner or Melky for Halladay. Yanks have a couple of catching prospects to spare and plus they would want to go after Mauer if he's available next season, so Montero is expendable.

That's an awful lot to give up for a 33 year old pitcher with one year left on his deal. That would hike the payroll another 20 million unless the team stands pat in terms of OF and lets Damon walk. Matsui really only costs them like 2-3 million so you can't just write off his full salary. Then if you want Mauer in another couple years, that's another 20 million. I seriously doubt the Yankee payroll will be 250 million anytime soon. If anything, I expect them to scale back a little. Especially now that George got one last WS.

Since the power has been handed over to Cashman, he's been pretty consistent. He doesn't give up large hauls of talent for players he then needs to pay a huge salary to. If Halladay ends up in New York, it will be next offseason when he'll only cost a draft pick.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jason_baker78's Items on eBay

I can't believe what i'm reading. No respect.
    Yankees fans need to remember 3 things when it comes to Roy Halladay:

1. He has been the best Starter in MLB hands down since 2002.

2. He is a Yankee killer. 18-6 with 2.84 Era in 247 innings lifetime. Not to mention shutting them out twice last season almost no-hitting them. Do you really want to see him go to the Red Sox who actually have a lineup to back him up.

3. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE HIM GO TO THE RED SOX!!!!!! If Roy Halladay ends up with the Red Sox the whole dynamic of the AL East changes. The Red Sox would have the best rotation in Baseball and a powerhouse lineup to back them up. The Yankees have a power house lineup but their rotation is suspect at best after CC. Wang is MIA, Burnett is way too inconsistent and is really a back end rotation guy (don't kid yourself, trust me I know as a jays fan) and Petite needs a wheel chair. Who are they going to turn to? Hughes and Joba? That really worked out well before.

Halladay is 32. If the Yankees can offer a 32 year old AJ Burnett a five year deal then they can certainly offer Halladay, the best in the game, a 5 year extension if they trade for him. He is a big strong righty who can still dial it up to 96mph if he needs to. He just doesn't need to. His work ethic is second to none. He has at least 4-5 more elite years left.

If I were Cashman i'd look at the big picture. The Yankees are, and always will be a win now team. They will always have money to sign the big free agents. They need pitching desperately. After CC they don't have one dependable starter. Keeping Montero and Jackson in favor of not aquiring Halladay doesn't make sense. Use those guys in your system for situations exactly like this. As trade bait to get an elite guy. You know damn well the Yankees are going to go after Mauer. And I bet if you ask Derek Jeter if you could get Halladay for Montero and Hughes would you do the trade, he would say yes.

All you arrogant Yankee fans, thinking your team doesn't need the best pitcher in baseball. Please........I hope he gets traded to the Red Sox just so I can see Halladay dominate your team more than he already has.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See no page's Items on eBay

I can't believe what i'm reading. No respect.
    Yankees fans need to remember 3 things when it comes to Roy Halladay:

1. He has been the best Starter in MLB hands down since 2002.

2. He is a Yankee killer. 18-6 with 2.84 Era in 247 innings lifetime. Not to mention shutting them out twice last season almost no-hitting them. Do you really want to see him go to the Red Sox who actually have a lineup to back him up.

3. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE HIM GO TO THE RED SOX!!!!!! If Roy Halladay ends up with the Red Sox the whole dynamic of the AL East changes. The Red Sox would have the best rotation in Baseball and a powerhouse lineup to back them up. The Yankees have a power house lineup but their rotation is suspect at best after CC. Wang is MIA, Burnett is way too inconsistent and is really a back end rotation guy (don't kid yourself, trust me I know as a jays fan) and Petite needs a wheel chair. Who are they going to turn to? Hughes and Joba? That really worked out well before.

Halladay is 32. If the Yankees can offer a 32 year old AJ Burnett a five year deal then they can certainly offer Halladay, the best in the game, a 5 year extension if they trade for him. He is a big strong righty who can still dial it up to 96mph if he needs to. He just doesn't need to. His work ethic is second to none. He has at least 4-5 more elite years left.

If I were Cashman i'd look at the big picture. The Yankees are, and always will be a win now team. They will always have money to sign the big free agents. They need pitching desperately. After CC they don't have one dependable starter. Keeping Montero and Jackson in favor of not aquiring Halladay doesn't make sense. Use those guys in your system for situations exactly like this. As trade bait to get an elite guy. You know damn well the Yankees are going to go after Mauer. And I bet if you ask Derek Jeter if you could get Halladay for Montero and Hughes would you do the trade, he would say yes.

All you arrogant Yankee fans, thinking your team doesn't need the best pitcher in baseball. Please........I hope he gets traded to the Red Sox just so I can see Halladay dominate your team more than he already has.

I totally agree and have always said we (the Yankees) need Halladay. Remember too that he is a mentor for AJ Burnett, and i bet Burnett would be a better pitcher with Halladay on the Yankees too. At his age, he has plenty of good years left, and prospects are always iffy, there is no guarantee how good (or bad) Jackson and Montero will be, and still no guarantee how good Hughes and Joba will be.

Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast