Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rlynch5ixp's Items on eBay

yeah. I'd guess that we are allready headed for a playoff system. Thats why the refs are practicing new ways to ensure Florida will always get to the national championship.

Country

Completely ridiculous indeed. The Gators should just be awarded the trophy every year, and everyone who doesn't like it can have their campus overrun by trigger-happy state militia jacked up on PCP. :)

i would love to hear what you think about tim tebow

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

if ( !(strcmp (you.team, "Gators") == 0 ) )
    {
    strcpy (you.team, "Gator Bait");
    }

i would love to hear what you think about tim tebow

I find him wholly loathsome as a person, but I'm willing to overlook his religious nut job-ness out of personal self-interest.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I disagree 110% with this but the reality is that politics is already involved in sports. Senate hearings on steroid use in baseball, Rush Limbaugh trying to buy a football team and the other politically involved persons who got involved to express their displeasure with his efforts...

The reality is that the majority of politicians are men and men like sports, so these men are using their political muscle to get involved in something that is none of their concern.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

I disagree 110% with this but the reality is that politics is already involved in sports. Senate hearings on steroid use in baseball, Rush Limbaugh trying to buy a football team and the other politically involved persons who got involved to express their displeasure with his efforts...

The reality is that the majority of politicians are men and men like sports, so these men are using their political muscle to get involved in something that is none of their concern.

I think the steroids thing shouldn't be touched by Congress, same thing as with this. But I don't think a political figure attempting to become part owner of a team is on the same level...if that had gone through, I'm sure very little, if anything, would have changed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think the steroids thing shouldn't be touched by Congress, same thing as with this. But I don't think a political figure attempting to become part owner of a team is on the same level...if that had gone through, I'm sure very little, if anything, would have changed.

It still would have constituted political involvement (to some degree) in pro sports. Obviously Rush is not a true politician but he certainly has strong political ties and would open the door for more politicians to become interested.

EDIT: I almost forgot, doesn't George W. own part of the Texas Rangers??....

Country

EDIT: I almost forgot, doesn't George W. own part of the Texas Rangers??....

he used to...he doesnt anymore

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

I think the steroid issue absolutely should have been handled by Congress. There was rampant use in the majors which led to usage in minor leagues and college and even high school in order to try and get up to the next level and the bigger money. Not good for American teens to be taking them and having their bodies breaking down before they hit 40

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

I think the steroid issue absolutely should have been handled by Congress. There was rampant use in the majors which led to usage in minor leagues and college and even high school in order to try and get up to the next level and the bigger money. Not good for American teens to be taking them and having their bodies breaking down before they hit 40

That's a good point too...I guess I can see that more than the BCS issue. Rampant steroid use is affecting the health of America's youth...the BCS doesn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12