Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Which team had the best offseason?

Voters
41. This poll is closed
  • 76ers

0 0%
  • Bobcats

0 0%
  • Bucks

1 2.44%
  • Bulls

0 0%
  • Cavaliers

6 14.63%
  • Celtics

2 4.88%
  • Clippers

0 0%
  • Grizzlies

0 0%
  • Hawks

1 2.44%
  • Heat

0 0%
  • Hornets

0 0%
  • Jazz

0 0%
  • Kings

0 0%
  • Knicks

1 2.44%
  • Lakers

5 12.20%
  • Magic

5 12.20%
  • Mavericks

2 4.88%
  • Nets

0 0%
  • Nuggets

0 0%
  • Pacers

1 2.44%
  • Pistons

1 2.44%
  • Raptors

1 2.44%
  • Rockets

0 0%
  • Spurs

7 17.07%
  • Suns

0 0%
  • Thunder

3 7.32%
  • Timberwolves

2 4.88%
  • Trail Blazers

0 0%
  • Warriors

1 2.44%
  • Wizards

2 4.88%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

Since people seem to be misinterpreting what I'm asking, I changed the title to "Who had the best offseason?" - that covers signings, trades, players that left, and the draft - not just the FA signings/trades.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Still the Spurs, considering they got a steal in drafting Blair
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bloodkaos's Items on eBay

they recieved votes, woopee votes dont mean anything, again your just bias to your team, they arent good, if they make it in the playoffs, its soely based on playing in the east

erm..this thread is not about which team is good, it's about which team made the biggest improvements in terms of acquisitions the offseason.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

erm..this thread is not about which team is good, it's about which team made the biggest improvements in terms of acquisitions the offseason.

They didnt make the biggest improvements though!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

They didnt make the biggest improvements though!!!!

i know they didn't, I'm just saying they should be considered to be amont the top 5. I would say the top 5 teams are, in no particular order: Lakers, Spurs, Magic, Raptors, Cavs.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

i know they didn't, I'm just saying they should be considered to be amont the top 5. I would say the top 5 teams are, in no particular order: Lakers, Spurs, Magic, Raptors, Cavs.

Magic nor Raptors belong in the top 5, Vince Carter is more of a poison than a help

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

Acquisitions, but also who they lost...always have to take the entire picture into account, not just the parts that look the best ;-)

SCF Rewards
    Country

also, in the case of Lakers and Magic..you gotta wonder how much of an improvement did they really make? Sure they acquired Artest and Vince respectively, but at the same time they also lost 2 key members in Ariza and Turkoglu. Especially in Orlando's case, is VC that much better than Turkoglu? Turkoglu was the captain of the team, he was the one player that made many clutch shots at the end of the games, and more important, he knows how to run a team. I can't really see how the Magic suddenly got much better with the addition of Carter.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Acquisitions, but also who they lost...always have to take the entire picture into account, not just the parts that look the best ;-)

That's true. If you look at the Raptors, they lost Marion and Parker. Marion isn't the player he used to be, he can't make a shot if his life depended on it. I don't remember Marion hitting a single 3 pointer after joining the Raptors, and I think he attempted over 20. His points are down, his rebounding is down. I would not hesitate to say that Turkoglu is a HUGE upgrade over Marion. Parker was one of the leaders of this team, but his main problem is consistency. Especially last year, sometimes what he did on the court makes you want to pull your hair out. Also if you look at the Raptors PG situation last year, outside of Calderon, we had Roko Ukic and Marcus Banks..how pathetic is that? The acquisition of Jarrett Jack will pay huge dividends to this team. The Raptors had a good draft as well, drafting DeMar DeRozan at #10. Many experts were saying he could have the highest potential out of anyone in this draft.
    Last edited by xDrew; 10-21-2009 at 03:46 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just adding to the bias here but um. Mavericks!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast