Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Willie Mays autos? TTM? how to obtain?

Anyone know how I can get a Willie Mays auto? does he do ttm (if so, how much does he charge) or does he have a website/charity i can buy directly from? Seen that Steiner sports has autographed baseballs but at $100+... any help?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See don't have ebay's Items on eBay

I don't know if I've ever seen him sign TTM, but if he did, you'd have to pay a hell of a lot of money for it. I saw a signing with him about a year ago and he was charging somewhere between 200-300 depending on what you wanted signed

SCF Rewards
    Country

believe he signed IP at the hall of fame induction over the summer

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Look in the ads for the big shows in any card magazines you might purchase. He has been known to do the card show autograph route and some of the larger promoters will have it set up for mailing requests and fees for that as well. I have never seen a free signing that involved him via TTM or IP!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I actually remember when I first got started TTMing (back in 1999!-I had a looong break) he used to sign very good TTM, but had a flat fee of $100

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Yeah, check out www.signingshotline.com. He's at a card show once a month.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Sort of like Elton John's song about Levon, "Willie likes his money..." But you know what? Willie deserves every single dime he can squeeze out of MLB. He was by far the best 5 tool player and certainly the best outfielder to ever play the game. If he wouldn't have missed a couple of years in the military during the 1950s, Barry Bonds would have had to break Willie's Home Run record instead of Hank Aaron's. I have his auto on a card and I love it! I only wish I had gotten a signed ROMLB before they got into the $190 +++++.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He used to sign TTM back in the early 80's but stopped when the hobby boom happened in the 90's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was lucky enough to get a free auto from him while at the SF Giants camp back in 2004 when he was walking out with Bonds. He stopped and signed a few with him (tv cameras were there and it was a great way to get some PR especially since Bonds was being hassled for the steriod use then). Normally, he is a grumpy old man that would refuse to sign even for a little kid (seen it first hand, and there was no one else around). He usually sends info on how to get his auto if you send a TTM request. There is a charge though. Good luck.
    Last edited by mikael1963; 11-28-2009 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling