Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to build a set?

Best way to build a set?

I want to build a set. Preferably hockey. The only problem is very few places sell alot of hockey cards here (Oregon) so what should i do to go about getting a complete set? the only set i have is one i bought complete

its all about finding the right shop
    I go to three card stores
    one cant sell em, one doesnt carry em, and the other has over 30 regular customers buying hockey

ahhh well.. one kinda by my house sells em at least more than most places. a store by my grandparents house would have me being the only person buying them so needless to say they dont have em

You could buy packs or boxes off ebay.
    You would have to pay s/h but still get them cheaper than you would in a store.

there are several shops online, but depending on how hard the set is to build, you should check the swap forums and ebay... yahoo auctions isn't bad either

There is a place I used to buy from.
    Tradingcardsource.com
    They always give little freebees with your order.
    I have gotten TCS.com notpads, free packs of card and a screw down. Not all in one order. I only collect baseball so I never looked at their hockey selection. They has some older stuff that is dirt cheap but you don't get any bargains with the newer stuff.

what i do is look for lots on ebay of that certain set...i usually get lots of cards that come up in baseball i wouldnt really know about hockey tho

You may be able to find hobby stores around your house that, if you ask real nicely, could order you a box or something. Give it a shot, not much to lose.

Yeah. Normally if a hobby store does not carry a certain product or even a sport they would normally order it when someone asks for it specificly. I am sure it won't hurt to ask.

Also you could check out the many different sites on the net and the different auction places. You could also check out what lefty has and what CW Sportscards has.

I would help ya out if I could but I don't do any hockey so I don't really have any. Welp I hope your search is well for ya and I wish ya good luck. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

Originally posted by Molina00
    There is a place I used to buy from.
    Tradingcardsource.com
    They always give little freebees with your order.
    I have gotten TCS.com notpads, free packs of card and a screw down. Not all in one order. I only collect baseball so I never looked at their hockey selection. They has some older stuff that is dirt cheap but you don't get any bargains with the newer stuff.
    I signed up with them about 2 years ago and they sent me 3 packs of cards and a note pad without even ordering anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast