Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

this was a total hit in the face to the NBA. i am sure they have lost many fans just becuase of what artest the fans and Wallace did

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are you kidding me? They probably gained more fans than they lost....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stinga6789's Items on eBay

That was probably the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in professional sports. Wallace should be banned for how he acted. He is the one who started this riot by overeacting on this foul. Artest didn't do anything wrong, he was just defending himself.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on this situation. First of all, there are no excuses to be made by anyone involved, fans included. Everyone was to blame. Artests gesture of keeping the peace by laying on the scorers table was a little too much for me. If you want to keep the peace stay away from everyone. Ben Wallace has to take a big hit for this regardless of his good reputation in the league. This is basketball, you are playing in one of the most heated rivalries in the league and you react like that because you got fouled hard on your shoulder. Give me a break. He reacted like that because it was Ron Artest. I lost a lot of respect for Ben Wallace. Then after it starts to die down he throws a towel. Another idiotic thing to do which in turn incites the crowd and we know what happened after that. Wallace deserves at least 15 games.

As far as Artest goes, he does not deserve to be in this league and have a chance to earn millions of dollars playing a game. He obviously has emotional problems that needs to be addressed before he could ever step on the court again. My suggestion...BAN him from the NBA.

Stephen Jackson. What more can you say that this guy is a bonafided lunatic. Should be suspended for the rest of the year.(Sucks to as he was helping my fantasty team out big time. LOL) He was looking to fight with anyone last night.

Jermaine O'neal. Should get at least 10 games for his part. Not much more to say about him.

Others who could have helped the situation that blew it:

Officials- Automatic ejection for Wallace. NBA rules state once you get ejected you have a certain amount of time to get off the court and into the locker room.
    Larry Brown- Stop arguing the foul call in a 15 pt game and get Wallace out of there. By the way, what the hell was Wallace doing in the game with under a minute left in a rout?
    Security- was there any? didn't see much of them.

Overall, the NBA continues to take hits. This is the cream of the crop. Overall attendance around the league is dwindling and do you really think this is going to bring a family of 4 with children to the games. I don't think so. It's bad enough that the price of tickets are outrageous but to go to a game and have the chance of getting seriously hurt while you are paying to be there. I don't think so. David Stern better give out the harshest penalties in the history of sports on this one.

just my 2 cents.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think wallace should be suspended for the rest of the year WITHOUT PAY. there was nothing wrong with the foul you see fouls like that in every nba game. he basically incited a riot his actions led to the entire thing artest and everyone else involved should be suspended for 10 games each WITHOUT PAY even if it means the teams have to go out and get some free agents and unsigned players to fill the spots on the teams.
    Last edited by jon593; 11-20-2004 at 08:21 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

Originally posted by jon593
    i think wallace should be suspended for the rest of the year WITHOUT PAY. there was nothing wrong with the foul you see fouls like that in every nba game. he basically incited a riot his actions led to the entire thing artest and everyone else involved should be suspended for 10 games each WITHOUT PAY even if it means the teams have to go out and get some free agents and unsigned players to fill the spots on the teams.

Agreed that the Wallace foul was the beginning of it all but the whole year for him is a bit harsh. I say 15 games without pay. His throwing of the towel did get the fans to start throwing cups but Artest and his thugs were definitely in the wrong for going in the crowd. No excuses for it. They need to learn how to control themselves.

Artest should get at least 30 games. The guy who should be suspended the rest of the year is Stephen Jackson.

SCF Rewards
    Country

jon your right but Wallace needs a good punishment for what he did.. one thing the NBA needs to look at is the security the had no security what so ever i am sure u see Larry Brown make a speech the next home game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12