Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

#1 What was your first autograph card?

What was the first basketball autograph card you pulled? I was watching the Clippers/Lakers game a few days ago and I have NO IDEA why but this popped into my head as a thread idea. So, for myself I'm 99.5% that the first autographs I ever pulled were from my first box break back in 2003. I busted a box of 2003'04 Upper Deck Top Prospects, which I think had the first certified LeBron autographs? I'm not too certain but I remember this came out and all the base were of the 03 draftees in their college/high school/international jerseys. I pulled a Jason Kapono autograph and a Nick Collison autograph. Kapono's won a few 3-pt. shooting contests and thats pretty much it. But I mean shooting has really gone down hill the last few years as far as 3-point shooting is concerned. Nick Collison is like a poor man's David Lee. He doesn't get much burn now but he used to put up 10/10 every night. And both these guy's are still in the NBA, although I think Kapono may be gone after this season. I think Collison still has a few years left...

03'04 UD Top Prospects Jason Kapono "Signs of Success" Autograph RC

03'04 UD Top Prospects Nick Collison "Signs of Success" Autograph RC

So I ask you, what was the first certified autograph basketball card you pulled? Scans of course appreciated and a little story...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lilpimp89dtp's Items on eBay

Out of a mini box of 2007-08 Finest

Then we can all see what happened after that....

Blog Entries
    Country

1997, bought a box of Press Pass just because I was a fan of Ron Mercer and that time Keith Van Horn...pulled a on card Ron Mercer Rookie Auto from there and also my first GU card ever, a RC GU card of RON MERCER....

my first ever IP auto was 1995, went to a cavs-jazz game around xmas time and got Bobby Phills and Terrell Brandon to sign my hat....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See atomslayer_man's Items on eBay

Cool question, don't have it any more but I was off collecting since I was a kid but saw a 04-05 Topps Total Basketball Blaster at Target for 5 dollars and said might as well. I grabbed a blaster and pulled a Shaun Livingston auto, have been off and on collecting since.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See wolvesjr34's Items on eBay

I honestly cannot remember the first autograph I pulled, but I remember the first autographs I got for my collection. I did this crazy thing called buying cards outside of ebay (not the ones I bid on or anything, but just something extra he had) and it actually worked out for me (I subsequently also had a bad experience - ensuring I would never do that again).

all came as part of a group of Wally cards I bought. Still have them to this day. Yet have no idea the first auto I busted. Now that I think of it, it would have been 05/06 Rookie Debut... Maybe Nate Robinson RC Auto... I remember there was a CJ Miles Auto in the box as well.... all gone now though!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

my first auto pull was a Lee Nailon auto from 98 Press Pass Authentics... no longer have the card but I know thats what it is.... My first GU was from a box os 01-02 or 02-03 Topps TCC which had the championship GU set and it was Aaron McKie

SCF Rewards
    Country

wow, that really takes me back to when autos/gu cards were a very tough pull. I will have to come up with a scan. It was a 92 or 93 Classic Jaamal Mashburn auto /800, I was SOOOOOOOOOOO pumped when I hit it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Andrew De Clerq. Autographics 97-98. Bummer, I know. But my hands were shaking at that time. I still have that card in my PC. Not pictured, though. hahaha..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

My first autograph pull came in 1997......I pulled a 96-97 autographics of Byron Scott from a dollar pack of 96-97 NBA hoops....I think I was 12 at the time....I actually traded the card a little while back, but I kept a scan of it for memory....Here it is:

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My first autograph pull was the Brant Barry SOTT, and my first Jersey card pull was the stephon marbury, below:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast