Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    HK (6)
    Country
    See tarheelsnipe's Items on eBay

Whalechaser - Chicago Bulls

Whalechaser has achieved Super Collector Status with his Chicago Bulls team collection. Congratulations!

Photobucket

Whalechaser's Chicago Bulls collection in his own words...

When I first moved to America from Hong Kong, the only sport I knew and cared about was soccer. It was also a city (Las Vegas) with no major local sports teams. Anyway, so on TV, I would get a chance to watch the Bulls on NBC. The Bulls were awesome. The Jordan Bulls made me a fan of basketball and brought me closer to American culture. The Bulls of the Dark Ages help me learn what it means to be a true fan and sticking with your favorite team even though they are horrible. And the Baby Bulls era brought hope and excitement to me as a fan. So when I started collecting cards in 2006, I, of course, started collecting Bulls stuff. I actually have about 3000+ base/insert/rc's of Bulls that are not scanned in my bucket! I think around 2007, I decided to try to collect all the autos of everyone who has every played for the Bulls and is wearing a Bulls uniform, and my collection has grown to where it is now since then thanks to ebay and all the great collectors on SCF who have helped me with my collection! Go Bulls!

Top 10:

1. 01-02 Ultimate Michael Jordan Buyback Auto: This was my first Jordan auto and probably the best card in my Bulls PC. I love the giant signature on it. Jordan also did not sign it lazily as he does on some of the more recent ones. The 4/8 is also nice. I had to save up a while for this one.

2. 97-98 Skybox Autographics Scottie Pippen
    : I actually picked up this card along with a 98-99 autographics of Pippen. I do like this one better though mainly due to the design and slightly larger signature. I am hoping to one day get the 96-97 Autographics of Pippen.

3. 06-07 Ultimate Signatures Dennis Rodman:

This was my first Rodman auto and I love the Ultimate product. This was actually one of the more expensive card I bought all the way back when I first started collecting. I never thought I would spend $26 on a single card, so I thought this was special

4. 07-08 Fleer Hot Prospects Joakim Noah Rookie Auto Patch:

This is one of the few Bulls card in my collection that I actually pulled myself! I got it from a blaster box. I remember I was extremely excited and could not stop looking at it. I am pretty sure that this was my first ever patch card too!

5. 08-09? Exquisite Dual Auto Noah/Hinrich:

Definitely one of my favorites just for the inscriptions alone. I saw it a couple times on ebay and wanted it ever since. Finally got my hands on it recently.

6. 08-09? Exquisite Numbered Pieces Rodman

Like this one a lot because of the inscription and also the almost full "Dennis" that he signs. One of my few Exquisites that I have

7. Upper Deck GU/Auto Ron Mercer

He doesn't have that many autos out of him in a Bulls uni, this is my second one of him. Like it a lot!

8. 07-08 Chronology Legends Horace Grant

My first Horace Grant Auto, it took me quick a long time to procure an autograph of him. He wasn't signing a lot before 07-08. I am still looking for the 06-07 Chronology Auto of him though.

9. Hardcourt Jordan GU Floor

Not a high end card at all, but my first Jordan memorabilia card and I like it a lot still

10. 99-00 Skybox Autographics Michael Ruffin
    33/50

I am aiming to get all of the 90's Bulls autographics (still missing the 96-97 Pippen and the two Rodmans), and this card took me forever to hunt down. I was just looking for the regular version, but people were not posting or selling theirs on ebay. And the couple of times when they did, I either missed the auction or lost the auction. So it took me about 1 and a half years to finally get this in my hands. The fact that it's one of the #'ed ones is nice, but not a big deal to me, I just wanted this specific auto.

Thanks again for all of those who have helped me with my Bulls collection!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Jordan23PPatt54's Items on eBay

Congrats, really nice stuff you got there. I decided to only keep my Jordan and Pippen cards and eventually will sell all my Bulls base/insert/etc cards. Congrats again on the collection and keep it going.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See glaspi2's Items on eBay

Congrats Whalechaser on becoming a Supercollector!!! I was waitin on ya to get here
    Last edited by Italy61587; 12-02-2010 at 12:43 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I knew you'd make it! Congrats.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats, really nice stuff you got there. I decided to only keep my Jordan and Pippen cards and eventually will sell all my Bulls base/insert/etc cards. Congrats again on the collection and keep it going.

Thanks!! Let me know if you ever get rid of the base/insert/etc cards I might be interested in trading or buying those!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats Whalechaser on become a Supercollector!!! I was waitin on ya to get here

Thanks man!! It took me much longer than you though haha. I think we started trying to get into the super collector's thing around the same time, but I got sidetracked with my Auto PC and just going slowly in general.

Thanks again for that Bulls super team btw!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I knew you'd make it! Congrats.

Thanks!!! Wow did not know you changed your username!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Thanks!!! Wow did not know you changed your username!

hehe, yes, just a couple of weeks ago. I'm more loyal to the OKC guys than LeBron, who's admittedly been annoying lately.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congratulation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

hehe, yes, just a couple of weeks ago. I'm more loyal to the OKC guys than LeBron, who's admittedly been annoying lately.

Good choice! :D P.S. Lebron's always been like that as long as I watched him, I think it's just that more people are realizing it now :D

I like Durant though, I think he'll be the successor to Kobe probably. If I wasn't a Bulls collector I would collect him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast