Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

If a buyer doesn't like the price, what responsibility do they have to live up to your expectations of the negotiation process? It is "because that's the way it should be?"

If you think so, then I would have to say you're misguided. It's the buyer's money and time, and they have no obligation to satisfy your perceptions as a seller. Why? Because it's their choice - they are the ones with the impetus as such.

That said, this is different from a discussion of "manners," which can be largely subjective.

You have to remember...Some people dont have Paypal!!

Why does everyone think that everyone has paypal???

In my opinion, people without PayPal who buy/sell cards are doing themselves a serious disservice if they expect to get the most out of dealing online.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really only hate the I'll pass when someone asks for a vague lot and you go build the lot matching what they want and they say i'll pass. If that's the case then tell me the players and cards you want or dont be so lazy that you wont even look in buckets.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (93)
    Country

more annoying is when you take the time to get someone pictures and scans of cards and then they dont even have the decency to get back to you...

but the main theme is trying to make this a better place to do trades not worse

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Philadelphia Eagles
    My traders on Flickr

I'll pass....on this topic

Seriously though...

I've been on both ends of the "I'll pass". I don't have a problem with it.

As a buyer and seller, you already have an idea of how low (or high) you'd be willing to go on a card. If you don't like it, saying "I'll pass" is more polite than saying nothing at all.

Not everyone likes to negotiate....so you need to take that into perspective as well.
    I only use PayPal G&S and I do not ship internationally

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    (Philippians 4:6)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bdaws1089's Items on eBay

no just when you get it over and over again, it is like take the time to negotiate a price with me, I mean I had a guy say it to me and then I say what were you looking to pay, well he wanted to pay $3 on a card I asked $4 on, I mean come on it is a $1 just tell me, we ended up making a deal and then I had another card he wanted and he bought that too...I do flea markets all the time and it is amazing how people just want to save a $1 or $2, and I always let them, why because I would rather sell the item then not sell it at all if that is the difference...

but on here I look at ebay and base a price on that off completed and sometimes that still is not good enough they want to pay half that most people on here.

Clearly, you are talking about me... Why wouldn't I want to save a dollar here and a dollar there?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (93)
    Country

I was using our deal as an example...this thread was not created because of you....you were one of the positives to come from a deal....and I wanted to use it as an example of how if you can negotiate and communicate you can come to a deal that works for both parties...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

plain and simple...if you want ebay money...

um let's see, how do i say this guys????

put the dang card on ebay and stop crying...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See DucksN9ers's Items on eBay

How many people on here are annoyed with others on here, who send you a pm to get back to them on a card, you do, and then all they can say is Ill pass...I feel like do not waste my time if you have no effort to negotiate or you want to pay half ebay pricing, you are not serious about buying at all.

this site is not ebay...most people forget that and want you to sell them a cheap card for ebay pricing but forget that shipping is involved too, who pays that...oh yeah I forgot......they think a magic man up in the air pays for that....or they want to pay half the going rate, go hammer someone else...

anytime this happens of course you will get sarcasm in return because you my friend are not serious with me...you are a joke and insulting my intelligence.

amen brotha! too many members looking to hammer you and criticise you for your prices to try and pick up cheap cards from ya to then take them and make a profit either via Ebay or card show.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See DucksN9ers's Items on eBay

plain and simple...if you want ebay money...

um let's see, how do i say this guys????

put the dang card on ebay and stop crying...

hey #1duck, did you say you had one of these?
    #'d 1/5
    If not, you interested? Would like to make some good money today. Thanks, Chris
    Last edited by Trueduckfan; 04-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings Houston Rockets Los Angeles Dodgers

i am....but i'm broke now.....
    Last edited by #1duckscollector; 04-01-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast