Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

In response to meuandthelots post, its true! Ive bought PSA 2 cards (you kinda have to buy low condition in the cards I collect) that have great eye appeal.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow. That is a nice card... Wondering if it was the centering or something that threw it off?

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok thanks guys, i didnt realize all this. i figure a professional company like bccg with beckett's name attached would be reliable... better off learning this now while Iv only spent about $50 than a year down the road when Iv spent thousands... lol

im a guy who likes uniform... i think ill go with PSA or BGS and get only 9 or 10s... unless its a real old card and then ill obviously have to settle for a little less....

so my main question is... of the two, bgs or psa... which is better? iv actually heard of PSA before and know they been around a long time.... but BGS seems cool because they grade the center/corners/edges, etc... so thats good and bad at the same time i guess....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Neither are my favorite... I'm a SGC man myself but that's because I collect early 1900s cards and they're good with older stuff. Between BGS and PSA I choose PSA any day. Not only do I think they grade a bit better but they sell WAY better than BGS, (and apprieciate in value better). Also, I like the PSA holder design.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i havent bought a beckett in probably 10 years.... but im curious if they list prices of graded cards... if not, is there someone who does?

What i would reccommmend if you get a bccg 10, and it looks like the card is AWESOME condition, break the slab and send it into bgs or sgc. I've done it before, it really adds to the value.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i havent bought a beckett in probably 10 years.... but im curious if they list prices of graded cards... if not, is there someone who does?

Ebays completed auctions search ;)

Also, PSA puts out an SMR publication

SGC might have a feature on their site, it's sportscard guaranty here this is easier

SCF Rewards
    Country

okay guys, thanks alot for all your suggestions... id like to buy nothing but psa 10s... but im leaning toward buying all psa 9s just because i could then afford a bigger and better collection..... im kinda torn between the two and cant decide what to do... is a psa 9 card still respectable? or would it be better to just get all 10s when possible....

SCF Rewards
    Country

for instance, i search ebays completed items for 1989 Score Barry Sanders PSA 9 and then PSA 10.... a psa 9 card has been going from $30-$50 range, where as a PSA 10 is going $100-$150 range....

so financially i could afford 'more cards' if i bought all psa 9s..... but is this a case where quality is better than quanity?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast