Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsdad IP thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

great autos! any chance any of these are on 2012 topps heritage? lmk.

Not sure, but I do not think so, I will check with Sam tomorrow. If you have someone you particular want, the next homestand is Arizona, Chicgo and Washington. Also, some Braves were signing this homestand so LMK if there is someone i can help you with.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do Niekro or Murphy work with the team or were they just there?

Niekro was here for Alumni weekend, but is associated with the team via the Triple A club , the Gwinnett Braves. He has a restaurant in Gwinnett's stadium and supposedly can be found there often.

Murphy is there substitue announcer and comes through a few times a year. he was here for a 6 game stint and from what I saw/heard signed each and every day.
    I believe he comes back in late July but if you need something of his LMK and I will try to confirm.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Diamondbacks v Braves Game 1 of three game set:

Nothing outside of gate today,
    Seen signing but did not have cards or photos:
    Alan Trammell
    Henry Blanco
    Kirk Gibson promised to sign inside
    Lots of players that we could not differentiate so the fans could not call them over, the light crowd made us optimistic about inside
    Batting Practice on Bisitors Side
    Wade Miley 1/1 nice 8X10 we made up of him
    Aaron Hill 2/4, '10 Topps, '11 Topps
    Don Baylor 1/1 79 topps RBI Leader card
    Miguel Montero 2/2 '11 Topps, '12 Topps Heritage
    Kirk Gibson 1/1, 1/1 (I got a hat signed for a friend), '12 Topps Heritage, he joked that he hates the Dodgers and did not want to sign any of thier jerseys to someone but did and immediately after refused to sign 88 NL MVP on someones mini bat, saying " I don't do that".
    Trevor Cahill 1/4 1/1, 09 Topps, '12 Topps Heritage, I had to get one as he was mostly one per
    Lyle Overbay 1/1 1/1, '10, '11 Topps , I had to get one as he was mostly one per
    Josh Bell 2/2, 2010 IL Top Prospect card '11 Topps
    Josh Collmenter 1/1 '12 Topps Heritage
    Seen signing but had nothing for him:
    Charles Nagy
    Eric Young
    Everyone was looking for Trevor Bauer, no sign of him yet. Hopefully he arrives today as he starts tomorrow.
    I was not there pregame just my son but he believes Stephen Drew was also signing but he is not sure.
    A friend texted us that he got Goldschmidt after the game, but we left early so we will try to stay tonight if we do not get him before the game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sam meeting Kirk Gibson

SCF Rewards
    Country

Diamondbacks v Braves Game 2 of three game set:
    Alot of action outside of gate today,
    Seen signing but did not have cards or photos:
    Alan Trammell
    Henry Blanco
    Wade Miley
    Lyle Overbay
    Kirk Gibson questioned my son asking him to sign as he signed a card for him yesterday, more indicatingthat he will not be signing outside today than anything and he did not sign inside today either ( we have a dodger 8X10 we want signed)
    We Got:
    Matt Williams -1/1 8X10 SF Giants photo
    Mark Grace 1/1,1/1 8X10s of him as a Cub, he went out of his way to come over and sign , really walking around an obsacle to get to us, then indicated one per and you can pick whichever you want. He complimented Sam on being the only one prepared ( I got the other 8X10 for Sam that is why I list the 1/1's seperately)
    Josh Bell 1/1 on a team ball for a friend
    A Big Surpise here: Trevor Cahill 2/2- '10,'11 Topps he was the starting pitcher today, very rare for the game day pitcher to sign here it seems. He came in with Miley, Overbay and:
    Ian Kennedy- Sam got 2 I believe of his, but I am not sure which ones, I would guess a '12 heritage and something else. cool signature
    Miguel Montero 1/2- '09 Topps
    Stephen Drew 1/8 -'12 Heritage
    Batting Practice on Visitors Side
    Paul Goldschmidt- 1/2 '12 Topps Opening day, he signed maybe 5 cards, had to run off, didnt see him signing again need to finish him off tomorrow maybe on a ball too.
    Gerardo Parra- 1/1- '11 Topps
    Ryan Roberts - 1/2- '12 Heritage

And Stephen Drew threw him a ball. Nice, really clean one too, might get him to sign it tomorrow

Seen signing but had nothing for him:
    Charles Nagy
    Matt Williams
    Everyone was looking for Trevor Bauer, still no sign of him but he must have been here, also Justin Upton was a big disappointment of no signing.
    We decided to try a little after the game as it ended at 9:45
    Jason Kubel supposedly signed on the Az side, we did the Braves side:
    Stephen Drew- 1/1, 1/1- '09 topps, '11 Topps, being from Georgia we expected him on that side he had 30-40 family members with him, I heard him call one woman Grandma. He was pretty swamped but signed for every one 1 per.
    Eric Young 1/1 4X6 of him as a Ranger
    We saw but missed:
    Ian Kennedy
    Wade Miley he said he would sign tomorrow he was rushing to keep up with...
    Trevor Cahill who was clearly unhappy with his performance tonight, he made a critical throwing error that led to two big runs.
    Brian Jordan- had nothing for him
    Then we decided to see if we could nab a Brave driving out and sure enough we saw something we had heard about but never stayed late enough for. Martin Prado pulls out in his car has security hand him whatever a fan has and he signs, he does not speak but smiles and signs away he signed 3/4 of Sam's cards. I do not know which ones. It was about 1 hour and fifteen minutes after the game and there were maybe 4 cars left when he came out. I have been told this is all quite typical. Kinda cool to see and to finally get him, we need to get him on our team ball. We may try on Sunday....
    One more Diamondbacks game, we will not get there as early tomorrow will probably miss the a good bit of the arrivals and will just have to try our luck at BP. We want to watch Bauer Pitch his first game, so we will stay for his outing and then go home, as we have the Nats next.....
    Last edited by samsdad; 06-28-2012 at 12:39 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nfra4261's Items on eBay

Hey, it's bravesautographs from Baseball Fever. Didn't know you were on here too, lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey, it's bravesautographs from Baseball Fever. Didn't know you were on here too, lol.

Hey Man,
    Found this site second, I like the liveliness here. Very active site.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Diamondbacks at Braves final game of three game series tonight
    Slim pickings, no one signed on the Az side pregame at the entry gate, I imagine losing 2 in a row didn't lighten moods. Plus it was 100 degrees out there.
    Inside for BP:
    Kirk Gibson 1/1- 8X10 of him right after he hit the homerum arm raised in '88. He went sown the line and signed again so he signed two of the three days and one per each time ( he might have signed two if the kid had two cards ready for him, not sure if you need to know ask me and I ll ask Sam)
    Gerardo Parra 1/1- Not sure what Topps it was but he needed one more and got it.
    Missed:
    Wade Miley
    Paul Goldschmidt
    Just did not get to either in time had good stuff for both. Oh well
    Bauer promised to sign after the game, but he really couldn't as the get away day has TSA screening at the stadium and they can't have contact with anyone. He had alot of family there and a coach he knew got him to sign a few items for some kids on his team, andone guy got him at the Hotel ( or so he says).
    Overall a great team that signed a ton but they did not end strong. Nationals tomorrow, they were great last visit so we are optimistic.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry I did not update our weekend until now. Soo hot here, as soon as we get home we just melt into the couch. Left at first pitch for each game
    Friday outside of the stadium:
    Game 1 of Nationals at Braves
    Gio Gonzalez: 2/2- 09 Topps and 11 Topps
    Adam Laroche: 1/4 09 Topps, picked the Braves cards above all else. He skipped Sam as he was not ready but eventually came around. He came in Washington side which is not usual in Atlanta
    Chad Tracy- 1/1 10 Topps
    Tom Gorzelanny- 1/1 '11 Topps
    Seen signing but did not get- Bryce Harper, walked up to the crowd outside, signed for 5 ADULTS and left, this is exceptionally odd, in the May series he signed for kids primarily if not exclusively and Sam was very dissappointed.
    Inside: NOTHING
    Saw but did not get:
    Bryce Harper- signed for VIP alot. Then went over to a little league team that he knew the coach ( I overheard him talking to the coach) and took a sharpie and signed for them all at once. He did not really have time to sign for anyone else.
    Jordan Zimmermann- He had some family/friends in and talked to them and signed.
    All in all a rough start.
    Game 2:
    Saturday, Nationals at Braves: Record Heat for the Stadium, neither team took Batting Practice as the field was 118 degrees.
    Outside pregame:
    Mike Gonzalez 2/4- 08 Topps and 11 Topps
    Might have been someone else but I forget
    Inside the game pregame for Batting practice ( or stretching as there was no BP)
    only the pitchers came out due to the heat,, they tossed for a very short time there was maybe 15-20 people along the whole foul line looking for autographs and we got:
    Drew Storen 3/3- '10 IL card, '12 Topps Archives, '11 Topps super friendly and fun to talk to
    Rick Ankiel 2/2- 09 Upper Deck, 09 Topps
    Jesus Flores 2/2- 09 Topps , 10 Topps
    And at 4:00 for a 4:10 start time, out comes number 34,runs a few sprints and heads straight to Sam. Viola, One Bryce Harper on a Sweet spot. Mission accomplished.
    After the game we came back got :
    Edwin Jackson '10, '11 Topps
    Craig Kimbrell '12 Topps
    Mike Gonzalez on the other two cards we had.
    Great Haul.
    I will post Sunday later

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tweeter167's Items on eBay

Nice pick up on the Harper, for as hyped as the kid is, in my opinion hes a very good signer.. I also heard Simmions is a terrible signer. Congrats on your weekend.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast