Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sample Letter.

Sample Letter.

I really have no clue what to put in 40 letters requesting autographs. I don't want to sound too beggy or anything. I would like if someone could post a sample letter, it would really be appreciated.

2. Kronozio
    For me its hard to explain cuz every letter is really different but here's an example of how it might sound.

Dear (Whomever)
    I'd like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to read this letter.I'm writting to you for a couple reasons.

First,I wanted to tell you how big a fan of yours I am. I started watching you(whenever you started watching him) when you were with(whatever team he was with) and have been following your career ever since.

One of the reasons I love to watch you play is because (whatever-has great heart/determination/toughness/speed etc)

(Then you throw in a memorable or favorite game/moment/stat/achievment/milestone etc)

The second reason I'm writting to you is to ask if you would mind signing(whatever you send) for me I would appreciate it immensley.Thanks again and good luck (for next season/for the rest of this season/if its a retired player just say best wishes)

Sincerely (You)

Hope that at least helps a bit.

That does help alot, thanks studin, without your advice I'd prolly still be collecting base cards, and never would even thought about auto requests.

No problem. I got a website now so if you ever want to see my latest successes and stuff you can go to it. Just click on the link at the bottom of this post to check it out.Still got some work to do but its coming along nice.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I would welcome them too.

Can you tell me if this sounds about right ?

Dear Mr. Theodore:

I would like to start off this letter by thanking you for taking the time to read what I have to say.

I have admired watching you and the Canadiens the last few years, and have became a very big fan. I will never forget the save you made in Game 6 of the Canadiens/Bruins series in 2002, when the Bruins nearly tied the game. That save was truely one of the greatest ever.

Secondly, I would be greatly appreciated if you could sign the 3 cards I have sent. Good Luck next season, I know I'll be looking forward to watching!

Just to help you out, Theodore doesn't sign, I got a preprinted postcard back from him in over a year...

I'm planning to send to:

Richard Jackman
    Ryan Smyth
    Darcy Tucker
    Jody Hull
    Patrick Lalime
    Bryan Smolinski
    Oleg Saprykin
    Mikael Renberg
    Sheldon Souray
    Donald Audette
    Robyn Regehr
    Zdeno Chara
    Trevor Linden
    Tie Domi
    Robert Reichel
    Martin Gelinas
    Radek Bonk
    Brendan Morrison
    Jarome Iginla
    Saku Koivu
    Owen Nolan
    Trevor Kidd
    Eric Brewer
    Roman Turek
    Markus Naslund
    Marian Hossa
    Ed Belfour
    Mike Ribeiro
    Tomas Kaberle
    Todd Bertuzzi
    Bryan McCabe
    Ed Jovanovski
    Tom Fitzgerald
    Wade Redden
    Mats Sundin

Do all of these players sign via their respective teams ?

Don't send to

They won't sign. Infact Belfour is probably tied for the worst signer ever with Mark Messier.

Koivu and Nolan are 50/50

The rest you should have no problem with. Calgary,Edmonton,and Ottawa are probably the best signing teams.

Smyth and Iginla are great choices they are 2 of the best in the league. Go for Mike Comrie also he is an autograph collector himself so he knows what its like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast