Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it is settled...

And so it is settled...

The Browns "QB Controversy" is officialy over.Head Coach Butch Davis announced at a 6:00 PM Press Conference today that Kelly Holcomb will be the starting quarterback.On a side note I hope all the Holcomb lovers are happy because I know I'm sure as hell not... :(

I was personally hoping that Holcomb would come out of it with the starting job.

well, you now feel what I went through as a Vikings fan in the late 80's/early 90's, when we had Gannon, but he wasn't good enough for Dennis Green, so we let him go, now look where he is...

Sarah, This really stinks "Me using words lightly" Couch won 8 of 9 games last year and people jump all over the guy that had a couple of good games!
    I personally think Couch should take the next flight out of Cleveland and never look back!

WOO HOO I AM GLAD!! Holcomb deserved it and couch may have one a few games last year but some were luck when he threw hail marrys and someone was there to catch it. and that was also last and uhh hot damn its a new day..... :)

LOL no way. Couch deserved it a heck of a lot more. Watch the Browns suffer even more because Davis was stupid enough to put Kelly in instead of Tim.

Tim

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    LOL no way. Couch deserved it a heck of a lot more. Watch the Browns suffer even more because Davis was stupid enough to put Kelly in instead of Tim.

Tim
    i dont get why people say that!! what makes YOU say that?

I believe Holcombe is the better choice over Couch.

Couch has had 3-5 years (forgot how long he's been in the league) to do his work

and Browns haven't gotten too far.

But, boy, Holcombe sure showed what he could do in the play-offs, even if the defense wasn't able to hold down the Steelers.

Time will tell; no need to worry

Originally posted by wdwain
    Sarah, This really stinks "Me using words lightly" Couch won 8 of 9 games last year and people jump all over the guy that had a couple of good games!
    I personally think Couch should take the next flight out of Cleveland and never look back!
    Dwain I was using words just as lightly as you were.I'm surprised you didn't hear me screaming at your house.This all comes down to the fact the Holcomb has been in this system his entire NFL career - OF COURSE HE KNOWS IT LIKE THE BACK OF HIS HAND!!!I'd very much like to see how he would do in an offense completely different and revamped from the one he is so used to.We finally have the pieces in place on the O-Line and they give up on Tim.And that's just what they did - give up!I dont care whether they'll admit it or not.God forbid if he does take the next flight out of Cleveland at the end of this year (but then again why would anyone in this town care?)...thats not going to stop me from being a fan.Hey look at it this way,maybe it'll be easier for us to get Couch cards now,if I find anyone liquidating Couch cards at the next show I'll let you know,lol.

Sarah....

this guy had a bunch of Couch cards (went to Card Show this past Sunday) selling them for $0.15 a piece

When I saw them, I thought of you. Too bad I couldn't talk to you when I was at the show, otherwise, I'd get them for ya.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast