Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: President cut signatures

President cut signatures

Does anyone else think putting cut signatures of presidents in Topps 2004 is stupid?
    Now they are destroying documents that have been signed by our own presidents not to mention that it has nothing to do with baseball card collecting.
    It just sounds really stupid to me.
    What do you all think of it?

2. SCC Black Friday 2017
    I personally think it will be pretty neat. Just my opinion.

a waste of time and our preserved history..... presidents do not belong in baseball card sets..... remember that baseball card of George Bush Sr in I think the 90 Topps set?

Re: President cut signatures

Originally posted by Molina00
    Does anyone else think putting cut signatures of presidents in Topps 2004 is stupid?
    Now they are destroying documents that have been signed by our own presidents not to mention that it has nothing to do with baseball card collecting.
    It just sounds really stupid to me.
    What do you all think of it?
    Yeah I thought it was dumb. I made a thread about it when it was announced. I'm moving this to a better place. Doesn't have to do with baseball.

BTW I also thinking cut up good bats and jerseys of RARE PLAYERS FROM 70+ years ago is also a bad idea. I don't care about today's players but when they cut up stuff of Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth it makes me mad.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

You never know what type of document they are cutting up to get a president's signature. Could be an old cashed check. Could be some sort of vetoed document. Could be anything at all that a person would sign like a child's report card. It is not like they would cut up the decloration of independance.

Ipersonally think it is very cool if you are in to politics. And, IMO, we have all heard of Washington, Lincoln, Grant etc, but who has ever heard of any athletes from the 1800's or before. I think it would be really cool. While people are collecting cards of players people will never know in 200 years, we will always know who our presidents are in 200 years.

But, just plain baseball cards inserted into packs, that is lame.

This is a great idea and makes such signatures more accessible to the everyday layperson. I can't wait to get these, look like great cards.

Tim

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    This is a great idea and makes such signatures more accessible to the everyday layperson. I can't wait to get these, look like great cards.

Tim

I hate to break it to you but the odds of getting that are 1 to 1.75 million.

At $3 a pack you'd have to spend almost 5 million dollars to get a piece of a document you could buy for a couple $100,000.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

those odds are better than lottery the payout is a lot less but they are really just a bonus who knows someone on scf may pull one it will be really cool to see, also who does everyone think will command the most personally lincoln seems the most valuable to me.

Originally posted by pwaldo

I hate to break it to you but the odds of getting that are 1 to 1.75 million.

At $3 a pack you'd have to spend almost 5 million dollars to get a piece of a document you could buy for a couple $100,000.
    It's hard to believe the actual odds are 1:1.75 million. Anyway, the average Joe isn't going to throw down $100,000 for a signed document. Therefore the chances are better that the person pull a cut signature from a pack, making it a lot more accessible to the layperson.

Tim

BTW - Got the Lombardi cut today...great card!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast