Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good/Bad Investment???

Good/Bad Investment???

I am considering buying a number of 2006 Football hobby boxes, and holding onto them as an investment.

Theoretically, 1 of 2 scenarios can happen:

1) It turns out like the 04 Bowman's Best boxes, one of which sold for $130 recently.

2) Something like 1999 Bowman box (24 packs-8 packs each) sells for $27 on ebay----The most overhyped class ever. Think Tim Couch and Akili Smith here

Good/Bad investment? Your input is appreciated.... I'm leaning toward buying Playoff Prestige, as I am a big fan of that set. LMK what you guys think

GOOD!!! BUY ALOT OF SPX.....PRE SALE IS 115 a box will most likely get to 160!!

last years class wasn't all that bad (04 either) and you can find boxes of both cheaper than what they originally sold for....if you wanna hold them for a couple months, then flip them...sure. if you are talking years, it rarely works out

if you are gonna do it, you have to do it with a higher end product than prestige....no long term value in those boxes

Not a bad idea, this 06 rookie class could be the next 04 rookie class. Of course, no gaurentees, but if u r serious about it, go w/ the High end products like SPX/SP Authentic etc

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Dillywill
    And U Cant Compare This Years Class To Last Years!!!
    what has this years class done?? nothing....its all speculation...caddy rushed for 1200 yards and 6 TDs...ronnie had just under 1000 and 5 TDs...reggie is gonna have a hard time beating caddy's numbers, especially splitting time with deuce!! none of the QBs will do anything this year, if they even play!! who exactly do you think is gonna put up stellar #s this year???

and of course the high end product always increases in value!!

Quote Originally Posted by theproudestmonkey
    and of course the high end product always increases in value!!
    LenDale white will play this year....Reggie will put up #s if he plays all year.... Vince young will play towards the end of the year.....Leinert will be like Phillop rivers.... Mike Bell now is startiing i guess...Cutler may play...Addai will put up GOOD #s....Maurency might play many possibilitys ALOT more than 2005

key word....POSSIBILITY....i try not to invest my money on posibilities!! that is all speculation...what do you call GOOD #s?? neither bush/addai/lendale will put up caddy/ronnie #s (im not saying any will be better long term, im talking this year)....orton played a full season with a 90% win percentage (sure, his numbers weren't good, but what rookie qb ever is?? atleast he played...im not sure anyone will this year!!)...you cant tell me vince is gonna come into a pro system and shine at the end of the season...it doesn't happen!! mike bell wasn't even drafted (i dont think) so that doesnt even count....the money in cards is in the INDIVIDUAL cards...not in sealed hobby!! shop around, the stuff can be found at a decent price!! a sealed hobby box of 04 SPA sold for around 145 DLVD a week or so ago!! thats pretty damn good, and not much of a difference than what they sell for after the product has been released for a month or 2.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast