Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Football Question: Brett Favre?

I'm having a debate with a friend. We've been watching football for close to ten years.

If (and this is only hypothetical) Brett Favre were available for the veteran minimum, which teams in the NFL would scramble to let him start for them.

I've argued that there are at least 10, but my friend says only 3-5 that would realistically let him start now.

Any thoughts?

Judging by what I have seen he could start easily in

Tenn.
    Oakland
    Tampa
    San Francisco
    Houston
    Chicago
    Detroit
    NYJ
    Cleveland
    Buffalo

Teams that Im a little split on
    Denver((still iffy on what could happen there))
    Arizona((Warners getting pretty old))
    Minnesota((Due to the rivalry, ya never know))

I listed a few of these teams as a guarantee because theyd much rather have the experience. Teams like Tampa, Cleveland, San fran have faith in there starters but know theres a vast improvement with Favre.

Jay

did you watch brett play last night??? that was pitiful!! i love brett, but not a good qb anymore....he played on his toes all night, never planted his feet to make a single pass, looked VERY uncomfortable in the pocket....i think there would be very few teams that would rather PLAY brett than let a youngster have a shot, which is what the packers will end up doing!!

jay - plummer is MUCH better than favre right now, and they would let cutler play over brett.....warner is YOUNGER than favre by 2+ years (and has played MUCH better in the past 16 months!!)....tampa, oakland, sf, houston would much rather have simms, brooks, smith, and carr play than favre....GUARANTEED

Quote Originally Posted by theproudestmonkey
    did you watch brett play last night??? that was pitiful!! i love brett, but not a good qb anymore....he played on his toes all night, never planted his feet to make a single pass, looked VERY uncomfortable in the pocket....i think there would be very few teams that would rather PLAY brett than let a youngster have a shot, which is what the packers will end up doing!!

jay - plummer is MUCH better than favre right now, and they would let cutler play over brett.....warner is YOUNGER than favre by 2+ years (and has played MUCH better in the past 16 months!!)....tampa, oakland, sf, houston would much rather have simms, brooks, smith, and carr play than favre....GUARANTEED

Alot of people are saying he should quit cuz of 1 bad preseason game. Remember the fumble and especially the int were not his fault for the most part.

has nothing to do with ONE PRESEASON GAME!! he had 20 TDs and 29 INTs last year!!! that is horrible!! his completion % was in the bottom half of the league!!

and if you read my post, i ANALYZE his entire play, not just a few mistakes that WERE his fault....."he played on his toes all night, never planted his feet to make a single pass, looked VERY uncomfortable in the pocket"

Its a preseason game, he has a sub par line, people just shouldnt make asumptions based on 1 game much less 1 preseason game. and dont use last year, because players have definetly come back from a bad year before.

LOL....who??? im sure javon will have a great year IN DENVER!!! their offensive line still sucks!! like i said, i like brett, but the game has passed him by....you can see it in his actions (both on the field and off)

you should try having an objective opinion, not just "i like brett, he is still the best, he can play forever"

Quote Originally Posted by theproudestmonkey
    LOL....who??? im sure javon will have a great year IN DENVER!!! their offensive line still sucks!! like i said, i like brett, but the game has passed him by....you can see it in his actions (both on the field and off)

you should try having an objective opinion, not just "i like brett, he is still the best, he can play forever"
    I actually dont like brett Im a bears fan and I really could care less about brett, but people are making judgement after one PRESEASON game. And did you say denvers o-line sucks? You gotta be kidding on that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast