Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Trump?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

I have a question, not to get into y'all's debate though. What do you mean by "I don't even vote for Biblical reasons..." ? What book,chapter,and verses backs that up ? Where in the Bible does it say "don't vote" ? I've never heard of such. Most Christians, that I know, do vote. And, I don't think they would if the Bible says not too. So, please let me know where it says that we, Christians, should not vote. Thanks. Have a good day.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have a question, not to get into y'all's debate though. What do you mean by "I don't even vote for Biblical reasons..." ? What book,chapter,and verses backs that up ? Where in the Bible does it say "don't vote" ? I've never heard of such. Most Christians, that I know, do vote. And, I don't think they would if the Bible says not too. So, please let me know where it says that we, Christians, should not vote. Thanks. Have a good day.

It's not something I expect all Christians to agree with but I do personally feel strongly about it for the following reasons:

1. Christians are supposed to give 100% of their allegiance to Christ, not any human man, be they POTUS or Prime Minister, etc.,. They already have a "Commander in Chief" and His name is Jesus.

2. Christians are not supposed to think of themselves as citizens of this world but as citizens of "a better country, an heavenly". That said, just as a Chinese citizen cannot vote in an American Presidential election as they owe their allegiance and belong to a different country, so to do I, as a Christian, feel it isn't right for me to vote.

3. Christians are to strive to do God's will, whatever that may be and no matter how difficult ... as such, since I would never claim to absolutely know which candidate God desires to win, I would never want to vote for the other one, and so abstain entirely

4. Christians are never supposed to do anything that cause another person to sin ... and the President of the USA at least is required to "swear on the Bible" something the Bible itself makes clear is evil as no one should take oaths of any kind ever ... so I don't want to vote for someone and contribute to them disobeying the Bible

5. Christians are supposed to be obey the law of the land as long as that law doesn't conflict with God's law and to truly love everyone and desire the best for everyone ... that said, I simply do not care who wins an election no matter how supposedly good or evil that person is ... I love everyone and want what's best for everyone and will either obey any laws that don't conflict with God's, or if there are laws that I cannot in good conscience obey, I will relocate to a different country.

In conclusion, I simply believe that Christians are under an entirely different system than that found in any country ... we already have our Commander in Chief (Jesus), our Constitution (Bible), our citizenship (heaven) and owe 100% of our allegiance to God rather than man ... so ... I never vote and simply pray that God's will is done and try to do my best to love and care for everyone and not just those I agree with ...

Well, there's your Sabbath day sermon on a sports forum I guess, hehehehe ... have a great day!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

Thanks for the quick reply. So, to make it short and to the point, you've answered that there is no book/chapter/verse(s) that says Christians are not too vote, it's just your opinion. Also, our government, of the U.S.A., was created mainly by Christians. Therefore, Christianity and the government of U.S.A. are not totally 100% separated. Also, the Book, the Bible, does NOT say "have NOTHING, at all, to do with the government where you live". So, again, what you're saying is just your personal opinion, and is NOT God telling us not to vote.

Have a good afternoon,evening, and night.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My replies in situ below:

Thanks for the quick reply.

My pleasure :-)

So, to make it short and to the point, you've answered that there is no book/chapter/verse(s) that says Christians are not too vote

There is also not a verse that says, "Christians should not cut off the left thumb of their boss" but that doesn't mean Christians shouldn't cut off the left thumb of their boss based on other clear Scriptures. If the Bible specifically stated all such things it would be billions of pages long.

it's just your opinion.

Not exactly. All of the points I made above are based on actual book/chapter/verse such as:

No Oaths: James 5:12
    Obeying God above man unless man's law does not contradict God's: Romans 13 with Acts 4:18-20
    Heavenly citizenship rather than earthly citizenship: Hebrews 11:14-16
    Don't cause offences: Matthew 18:6-7

There are many others but the above is a suitable primer :-)

Also, our government, of the U.S.A., was created mainly by Christians.

Many would disagree but I would simply say that whether such is true or not makes no difference whatsoever to the Biblical fact that Christians already have a Commander in Chief and that they owe 100% of their allegiance to God rather than man and must obey the Bible rather than a human constitution.

Therefore, Christianity and the government of U.S.A. are not totally 100% separated.

I believe that is entirely irrelevant.

Also, the Book, the Bible, does NOT say "have NOTHING, at all, to do with the government where you live".

Nor does it say not to cut off the left thumb of your boss ... it doesn't have to specify things in exact wording when a plethora of verses make such clear.

So, again, what you're saying is just your personal opinion, and is NOT God telling us not to vote.

I personally believe it's a clear Biblical principle. Many would disagree. To each their own ... we are all accountable to God based on the light we have received and we all must follow our own consciences.

Have a good afternoon,evening, and night.

You too :-)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Not at all ... I'm not a Republican nor Democrat ... I don't even vote for Biblical reasons ... I just call it like I see it which might be why I like "The Donald" so much :-)

I can find plenty of people sitting at the local bar who "call it like [they] see it." I certainly wouldn't want them to have access to the nuclear launch codes.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I can find plenty of people sitting at the local bar who "call it like [they] see it." I certainly wouldn't want them to have access to the nuclear launch codes.

Honestly I'd probably trust most of them with the launch codes much more so than I'd trust Hillary Clinton ... even those in the DNC considered her a war monger and even Jill Stein said Hillary would start WW3 ... Trump desires to get along with everyone and has no desire for war, so your comment is quite absurd.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now THAT is the absurd claim.

His Twitter habits and starting petty squabbles with everyone via the medium are the complete opposite to your insistence of his wanting to get along with everyone.

That is cognitive dissonance at its finest and enough evidence that we have no point in continuing this discussion if you wish to spout such ridiculousness.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My last comment on this since I've had my fill of hypocrisy for a year-- I always found it funny how the left was anti-war under Bush while having limited complaints about military bombings under Obama.

Meanwhile, it's also funny how Republicans were clutching their pearls when the Obama administration was launching Pentagon-approved drone strikes, but is eerily silent over this:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-g...kes-1489444374

InB4 "fake news."

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scorpio111boy's Items on eBay

"Honestly I'd probably trust most of them with the launch codes much more so than I'd trust Hillary Clinton"
    I like facts, historical evidence, different point of views, debates, but opinions like that H.Clinton one, that's where this thread lost me. As ugly it can be sometimes, you can't make America great again, it never lost it's greatness. God bless!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

"Scorpio111boy" and "censored" ... I stand by my statements as they were facts. Many in the DNC itself consider Hillary Clinton to be a war monger and Jill Stein did in fact go on the record to say that if Hillary won the election, she would start WW3.

I'm sorry but I believe that nearly all American citizens desire peace, safety and prosperity for themselves and their fellow citizens, so yes, I would absolutely trust the "average American" with the launch codes much more than I would trust a known war-monger like Hillary Clinton!

Average people NEVER want world war ... only the elite, bankers and globalists want such as they are the ones that profit from such, while the average people are the ones who fight and die in such.

I can't believe the two of you don't understand such a basic concept.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast