Expansion Draft Discussion Thread

With the season now concluded attention turns to the expansion draft and the Las Vegas Golden Knights.

A few key players have been asked to waive, and a couple have waived, their NMC's. It appears that Marc-Andre Fleury's days in Pittsburgh are done, as he has waived and will quite likely be traded in the coming days. And if not, almost certainly he's off to Vegas.

What do you guys think will happen with your favourite team?
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Apparently MAF said that Vegas is the only place he'll go. I got a feeling that Vegas will be full of vets with no place else to go, or overpaid guys who teams need to get rid of to make cap space. Maybe Brandon Prust can revive his career lmao. as for Detroit, my team, I think the team needs a bit of a shakeup and everybody short of Zetterberg, Larkin and a couple other youngsters could be moved, whether it be to Vegas or anywhere else in the league...

I think Eric Engels (Sportsnet, Habs reporter) hinted that Nathan Beaulieu might be traded by the Saturday deadline. Despite his inconsistencies this year, he's still young with upside. If that's the case, I'm hoping the return is good.

I'm not sure who Habs protect; it all depends on the trade activity this week. Could see Vegas going off the board and selecting Hudon or De la Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDuff77 View Post
    I think Eric Engels (Sportsnet, Habs reporter) hinted that Nathan Beaulieu might be traded by the Saturday deadline. Despite his inconsistencies this year, he's still young with upside. If that's the case, I'm hoping the return is good.

I'm not sure who Habs protect; it all depends on the trade activity this week. Could see Vegas going off the board and selecting Hudon or De la Rose.
    I suspect that if the brass is high enough on Hudon they'll cover him. The advantage of the waiting game with Radulov is that they don't have to use a protection spot on him. Sportsnet this morning suggested that Davidson could be the one to go via the draft if they're able to trade Beaulieu.

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/dreger...olved-1.778142

Great link here. It looks like Vegas is being proactive and telling teams that they are not going to take bad contracts to help teams out.

Looks like they are going to load up on a lot of mid level players to build team and try to make playoffs year 1.
    Hidden Content
    Baseball: Arenado, Betts, Blackmon, Boegarts, Bumgarner, Correa, Lindor, Machado Football: Antonio Bryant, Big Ben, Baker Mayfield, Derek Carr, Amari Cooper, Corey Davis, Khalil Mack, Jabril Peppers Hockey: B. Burns, Doughty, Ry Hartman, R. Josi, Landeskog, Mackinnon, Ryan O'Reilly Twitter: @joecham

I'm curious to see if Vegas takes Plekanec. At first you think, "no way, awful contract", but they do need to get to the cap floor, and he provides a lot of experience. As much as his contract is a bit of an albatross, it would leave the team in shambles up the middle.

@subban7677 And it's only for a year. If they deem he's still good to go in a reduced role, he can re-sign in Vegas for less money that a 3C really deserves. Will be a sad day if we have to hang up our turtlenecks.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The rumors that keep swirling is that Vegas will take 1 vet goaltender and a lot of veteran defenseman in their top 6.

Then they will focus on a lot of high upside youth up front with one to two vets that are snipers on the PP. Rick Nash and Thomas Vanek are two names I keep hearing.
    Hidden Content
    Baseball: Arenado, Betts, Blackmon, Boegarts, Bumgarner, Correa, Lindor, Machado Football: Antonio Bryant, Big Ben, Baker Mayfield, Derek Carr, Amari Cooper, Corey Davis, Khalil Mack, Jabril Peppers Hockey: B. Burns, Doughty, Ry Hartman, R. Josi, Landeskog, Mackinnon, Ryan O'Reilly Twitter: @joecham

This is going to be Exciting!
    Hidden Content
    Hockey Box/Case Breaks Wednesdays & Fridays @ 7pm EST Hidden Content
    We Host Exclusive SCF Breaks & Giveaways:
    Hidden Content