Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Snipers Stink!!!!!

Ebay Snipers Stink!!!!!

Just thought I would rant a little about this particular subject.
    I just posted a Turkey Red bust yesterday and pulled a Thabo Sefolosha Suede 2/3, not that I collect the guy or anything but while checking my auctions that I had going, on a whim I checked for some turkey red parallels since I am trying to make a set of all three.
    Anyhow sure enough, I find Thabo Sefolosha Suede 3/3 with about 4 hours left. I figure it would be nice to try and get this one also and use it for trade bait, possibly the 1/3 would show somewhere. Anyhow, with less than a minute I am leading bidder with 6.53 and a $15 max bid. So I keep refreshing, knowing what would happen, sure enough about 17 seconds left and I get caught. Not even a bid in the middle from 6.53 to 15, all of a sudden it went up to 17 then 18.58 was the final bid. I tried 2 times to re bid and couldn't get through before it ended. THAT STINKS!!!!!! I hate those damn programs, almost never get away with a card when you have to beat the sniper. I am beginning to hate ebay more and more.
    Looking for:
    Patrick Ewing Autos and GU

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com

dont know how to get one, and although that would help my cause some, it would still IMO be not right to do to others who feel the same as I do.
    Looking for:

I see nothing wrong with sniper programs for those who can't be home when the auction ends. I use Auction Sniper because I work 2nd shift. If you wanted it that bad you should've bid more than $15. You always should expect 1 or 2 snipe bids on any auction you see on Ebay.

This is just irrational

bugs the heck out of me to hear children whine about these things

and if you whine about this, yes you would HAVE to be a kid, because if you put even 5 minutes of thought into the subject you would realize it makes no sense.

check this out, it's an amazing concept: IF YOU ENTER THE ABSOLUTE MOST YOU'D BE WILLING TO PAY FOR THE ITEM, YOU WILL HAVE NO REGRETS

Quote Originally Posted by tradebark
    This is just irrational

and if you whine about this, yes you would HAVE to be a kid, because if you put even 5 minutes of thought into the subject you would realize it makes no sense.

check this out, it's an amazing concept: IF YOU ENTER THE ABSOLUTE MOST YOU'D BE WILLING TO PAY FOR THE ITEM, YOU WILL HAVE NO REGRETS
    Lol, i coudn't agree more.
    Everyone is always knocking ebay and how they're fed up with it when the fact of the matter is where else can you buy cards at 5% BV. If anything i am fed up with spending $100 on a box and getting $20 worth of cards, when you can get $5-$600 worth of cards on ebay. Don't get me wrong i have been screwed over on ebay as much as the next guy but in the end it always weighs out in your favor. Just my 2 cents though......

Sniping helps no one. Not even the sniper. They could bit the most they want to pay within minutes of it going up for auction, if they're the person out there that wants it the most they'll win it. Otherwise, they'll be outbid. No matter what time they bid at.

Tradebark gets it, everyone elses turn now. ;)

I'll donate my 2 cents, Ebay is great place to buy & sell my only problem is that I'm a show dealer & when people come up to my table they want to pay only 5%. the problem is that alot of people don't understand we have alot more expences via table cost,gas, in some cases motel room, I just wish that some day those people could understand it's not personal it's just buisness we have to some profit or there won't be any shows to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by tradebark

and if you whine about this, yes you would HAVE to be a kid
    swill300 has been collecting for 20 years, so it's a bit rude to insinuate childishness. Everyone is free to have their opinions about this subject (I personally am not bothered by eBay sniping either), but let's be tactful when disagreeing please.

Thanks Khendra for the backup.
    Does it really matter in the long run? This was just my opinion on something, if I thought I would need to attach a flame suit for this I would have left it alone. I am just of the opinion that sniping makes it harder to win bids overall since you cant bid as quickly to win a bid, especially for something you want, in this case not really that much. And Tradebark........we all have our opinons on things, but responding in the way you did is irrational......that's my opinion.
    Looking for:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast