Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting out

Starting out

I am starting to get interested in collecting Basketball cards. I recently bought an Upper Deck box that had eight cards a pack, and eight packs. I see that on this forum, nobody talks about this brand. I see people talking about UD Hardcourt, and UD Black, but my box just says UD (I think you guys refer that to, "UD Basketball"). I want to know if I should keep collecting this brand, or switch to another one. Your help is appreciated.
    Side Note: This is 06-07 B-Ball cards, and the box has a picture of LeBron on the front.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    UD Black is a special limited edition set inserted into all (or almost all) Upper Deck products this season. The cards are redemptions which can then be sent in to Upper Deck in exchange for a premium card.

Upper Deck's regular brand that you opened is one of their best IMO. It's got good cards and is much more affordable than a lot of their other brands, which tend to be hit or miss, including Hardcourt.

Collect whichever brand you like most. It shouldn't matter what other people are collecting. If I worried about that, I wouldn't be collecting Antoine Walker and opening retail packs. :-)

What you got was the regular Upper Deck brand. This is a "blaster" box most likely from Target or Walmart. The product is a good. It has great rookies and a chance at jerseys and autographs. Do you want to build set's or collect individual cards? If you want to make a set, keep buying the same brand. If you are looking for individual players, I suggest you mix it up a little and buy other brands.
    Good luck and have fun,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by JammingJames23
    Collect whichever brand you like most. It shouldn't matter what other people are collecting. If I worried about that, I wouldn't be collecting Antoine Walker and opening retail packs. :-)
    LOL..................

Depends on what you're out to do really.. Your budget, whether or not you plan on being a player or set collector (or whatever collector :))

If you're looking to turn a profit, Upper Deck's pretty bad.. However it's a nice looking product, pretty cheap, and you do get reasonable odds for nice cards

I will probably be set collecting. But the thing that tradebark said, really got me thinking (UD is bad in turning a profit).

Quote Originally Posted by Uabericm
    What is a good line of cards to turn a profit?
    Probably Exquisite, though you need several millions to afford it in the first place..lol

How about I phrase the question this way:

What line of cards provide the best pulls for the money? And lets stay reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Uabericm
    How about I phrase the question this way:

What line of cards provide the best pulls for the money? And lets stay reasonable.
    Best pulls for the money are usually in Topps products, upper deck has the "bigger hits" but you are also more likely to end up with nothing. WIth Topps, the best stuff isnt worth as much as UD, but you are more likely to get something nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast