Poll: How good is Antoine Walker?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How good is 'Toine?

Question How good is 'Toine?

Rate Antoine Walker for me. I believe he is a top 25 player in the league. But you decide.
    Last edited by starbury03; 12-19-2003 at 08:50 PM.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center

I dont think he is top 25, I dont think hes the worst player in the league either, I was obviously overreacting when I said that in the other thread.

Do you mean how good is he career-wise? or currently?

Career-wise he is average, currently he is bad...

Thats how I see it...

This Years stats.

17.3 PPG, 4.8 APG, 9.7 RPG

How the hell is that bad on a team with 6 people who just score, nothing else?
    Put him back on the Celtics and his Points would increase by at least 3-4 and his rebounds would be up at least 1-2 a game playin in the east

Career:
    20.7 PPG, 4.2 APG, 8.7 RPG, theres hall of famers with #'s like that, he should have his # retired in Boston doing all that for them.

I mean just within the past few years. I think he is a top 25 player because I remember when he helped lead Boston over Detroit in the playoffs 2 years ago and that seems to be the thing that sticks out to me the most when I think of Antoine Walker. Plus I think he was just as good if not better than Pierce when he was in Boston even though he had mostly decent games in the playoffs the last couple of years. His shooting %'s right now are from the adjustment to offense and after the all-star break I think he will lead Dallas with Dirk and be either a All-NBA second or third teamer.
    Last edited by starbury03; 12-19-2003 at 09:08 PM.

I agree with you, he has helped the Celtics, him and Pierce were a great combo and the trade was bad for both teams, more so for the Celtics because Raef LaFrentz is out for the season. Pierce is now teamed up with McCarty who is filling Antoine's shoes for the most part especially being a new addition. I just believe that within the past 2 years Antoine shouldnt be concidered top 25, overall that is, he is definately clutch I will admit, but the way he's been playing for the Mavericks as opposed to the way he used to play for the Celtics, he is playing bad.

how can you see currently he is bad. the mavericks absolutely robbed the celtics blind and i am so happy we traded away lafrentz for walker (i'm a mavs fan). Right now Antoine is one of the top 40 players in the league easily. for his career, antoine is probably in the top 100 in active players.

I look at him to be a semistar. Most people only know him as part of the Pierce/Walker duo on the Boston Celtics. But no one really knows of him like MJ or Kobe. Top 25 would include Shaq, Kobe, T-Mac, KG, Iverson, Pierce, etc. Antione Walker in my mind is not part of that top 25..............just my 2 cents

Antoine Walker is an above average player.

His style is to basically shoot 3-pointers, and he's FAILED miserably in the last 2 playoff seasons while with the Celtics.

He rarely concentrates on defense.

So, if he's hot, then naturally, he's one of the better players...but when he's cold -- he's basically worthless, if not a detriment to the team, since he isn't much of a defensive player.

He should have improved on his perimeter shooting (15-20 footers) and his post up play --- but he really hasn't.

Not sure if he's in top 25. Here's the top players that come to mind that I'd rather have over Antoine

Kobe
    Shaq
    Yao Ming
    Steve Francis
    Kevin Garnett
    Allen Iverson
    Paul Pierce
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Rasheed Wallace
    Mike Bibby (he is absolute CLUTCH in playoffs)
    Richard Hamilton
    Tim Duncan
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Chris Webber

hmmmm, I know I am missing a couple more....perhaps Antoine is in the top 25

Originally posted by podstock
    Antoine Walker is an above average player.

His style is to basically shoot 3-pointers, and he's FAILED miserably in the last 2 playoff seasons while with the Celtics.

He rarely concentrates on defense.

So, if he's hot, then naturally, he's one of the better players...but when he's cold -- he's basically worthless, if not a detriment to the team, since he isn't much of a defensive player.

He should have improved on his perimeter shooting (15-20 footers) and his post up play --- but he really hasn't.

Not sure if he's in top 25. Here's the top players that come to mind that I'd rather have over Antoine

Kobe
    Shaq
    Yao Ming
    Steve Francis
    Kevin Garnett
    Allen Iverson
    Paul Pierce
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Rasheed Wallace
    Mike Bibby (he is absolute CLUTCH in playoffs)
    Richard Hamilton
    Tim Duncan
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Chris Webber

hmmmm, I know I am missing a couple more....perhaps Antoine is in the top 25
    McGrady
    Marbury
    Marion
    Sam Cassel
    Jason Kidd
    Vince Carter
    Baron Davis
    Reggie Miller

Those are just a couple more that I would add to that list

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast