Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why do Lebrons book 2x as much as melos?

i think beckket it garbage for saying that lebrons cards, for the most part. books twice as much as melo....i mean i understand the hype and all but hes not selling for that much more and his numbers are just barely better than melos....lmk whut ur inputs are as well.

That is true........LeBrons tend to book higher, I mean my best card is a Lebron

i think it's mainly becuase of all the attention he has received since he is came out of highschool. His cards are also selling for over twice as much as melo, that's why he books twice as much

well, first of all Lebron sells for more as well, which is where the whole argument comes in about players being underappreciated in the hobby.
    but the main reason is that james has been hyped for TWO years before being drafted, and out of high school at that. I actually think that this is one of the few times Beckett has it right

here is what it comes down too. whoever goes higher in the draft and has the most hype will have cards that book higher. the other main thing is depedning where you live. in the east more people will go and cling more to lebron because of the fact carmelo's games are never on in the east (kinda makes me mad) and the only way you hear about him is espn. people are not gonna buy cards on people they dont hear much on. this though can change when this year is over because many cards drop in price after the rookie year is over. hopefully this explains it a little bit (its just my opinion)

Draft Pick order.....that basically affects all new rookies in every sport no matter they're talent.....

It is obviously because his cards sell for twice as much. Talent, hype, draft pick order don't have anything to do with it. Beckett is supposed to reflect the market value of cards (they don't do a good job) so if Travis Outlaw cards sold for more than Lebron cards then Travis Outlaw's cards would book higher even though he hardly plays.

yea, i like all of ur opions, but it seems that even on the east coast people collect both...i cant wait till the off season where evrything will drop in the price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast