Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardboard vs Etopps

Cardboard vs Etopps

Man this will probably make for a lively thread LOL...The reason I started this thread is because I always see people talking about etopps like they were some imaginary card that didn't exist when in fact they are high end cards that are sold differently than traditional cardboard...I to had several misconceptions of them until I actually researched them and had some things explained to me by those that were active in the etopps program...

My purpose is not to convert any of you or put you down for your card buying preferences and I will ask the same in return , but I would like to cut through the myths and seperate the facts from the rumors so feel free to post any questions you may have or any comments here and I will answer them to the best of my ability...Thanks

I am old-school

Only have cardboards.

Never owned an Etopps, although I've got enough points to get the Michael Vick E-topps, lol

But I'll pass

i'm old school as well. i want to touch the cards i buy. i'm sticking with cardboard. when/if i reach 1000 i'm getting the Bowman rack pack (assuming noone else takes it by then)

Originally posted by Warrior
    i'm old school as well. i want to touch the cards i buy. i'm sticking with cardboard. when/if i reach 1000 i'm getting the Bowman rack pack (assuming noone else takes it by then)
    You could always take some in hand that's what alot of collectors are doing as opposed to investor types who leave them in port so they can sell and buy without S&H....

Exactly, go to ebay and do a search for "etopps in hand" see if an auction is up for a player you like(alot of low Pr. true rc's). Buy one, if the price is right, and I'll guarantee you will be impressed by the quality(if it's in the original sealed holder).

Sorry Q, it's just that they are such great looking cards.
    Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    As of May 2017 ~ STILL Collect the following --> ALL 01-04 UD SP Legendary cuts Mlb G/U *Also, Topps insert Sp's.
    1985T Mlb mini's issue(Canadian release)
    Vintage & Modern issues: Have old school players but want current players? I may want them, please Pm me.Thank You | GINTER G/U

Isn't not that I don't like Etopps cards but its that I don't get them.

I've collect cards for many years and that's what I do.

I don't quite get people paying $500 for a $1 bill and I don't get people paying $300 for a Tony Banks ETopps card.

Would I like them? Sure. But to me they aren't so different than many other cards.

I'd rather have an autograph card of a player rather than his ETopps card.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Ah the Banks card, personally I don't own one but it's all based on supply and demand...I however would like to because as etopps grows I feel it's price will continue to grow...

As far as them not being different from other cards I somewhat agree after all they are cardboard just like any other but they are protected from the time they are made and unlike cardboard I choose who I buy not on the luck of the pack...

Originally posted by Qball76
    Ah the Banks card, personally I don't own one but it's all based on supply and demand...I however would like to because as etopps grows I feel it's price will continue to grow...

As far as them not being different from other cards I somewhat agree after all they are cardboard just like any other but they are protected from the time they are made and unlike cardboard I choose who I buy not on the luck of the pack...
    Right.

I understand the supply and demand issue but why would anybody want Tony Banks?

I don't know the exact print run but if I had an Upper Deck card with the same print run nobody would give me a quarter for it.

So when its going for so much on ETopps it almost scares me because I don't think its something I can understand.

I've spent years understand the "cardboard" hobby and can make a profit knowing what and who to buy.

Its just that I think I'm too old to sit there and learn something new.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Never to old ;-) I'm pushing 40!! All I know is that there are some very low, true rc. print runs to be had. let em' have the Banks, i'll get the 500-700pr. rc cards.The best part of the program is how liquid the cards/$ are.
    Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    As of May 2017 ~ STILL Collect the following --> ALL 01-04 UD SP Legendary cuts Mlb G/U *Also, Topps insert Sp's.
    1985T Mlb mini's issue(Canadian release)
    Vintage & Modern issues: Have old school players but want current players? I may want them, please Pm me.Thank You | GINTER G/U

186 cards are the number that was produced making it the lowest produced etopps card ever...And never say never as I think as etopps continues to grow more and more collectors will start to accept it, the Banks card aside...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast