Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ward/Walker (fight?)

Ward/Walker (fight?)

Ok for those of you who didn't see this yet, here is vid.

Obviously some shenanigans going down in front of Tim Thomas between ward and walker. Walker drops the gloves and ward does nothing and you saw the result.

Walker got 10 5 and 2 for his efforts, no word on ward's status. We all hope he is ok.

Now i have not decided if i would advocate a suspension or not on this one. On one hand it looks pretty brutal and Walker decked Ward without him dropping the gloves. On the other hand, what was Ward thinking? Your already engaged with the guy, i know you don't want to fight in that situation but you have to protect yourself. Walker looked just as surprised when Ward didn't do a thing. This was just bizarre. I wouldn't classify this one as a cheep shot, from the looks of it Walker clearly thought ward was going to dance, but that was a brutal punch on a guy who didn't engage in the fight.

I'm just glad i don't have to make a suspension decision on this one.

ward instigated it. walker was doing his job and ward pushed him 1st. i'd say the call on the ice was too much.

I wish you could see what was happening with the other Hurricane player that went down. As I assume that was why Walker went after Ward. Heck, when I saw Ward I was like the goalie LOL.

p.s. Definitely a hard decision to make on this. Of course it should be fun to see their ruling if any.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

yeah i saw the title and was like...cam ward and walker fight? theyre teammates. what the heck? then i realized...that OTHER ward

Hahaha. The thought did not even cross my mind to specify which Ward in the title. Hopefully you guys were not too let down when you found out it was not a goalie fight.

BTW, TSN reports Boston team doctors are thinking broken orbital bone. Ouch.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=278317

well seeing as i love cam ward and am a goalie i wasnt let down. i was happy. if cam was fighing his own teammate id be worried

I dont see it as a cheap shot. It had all the signs that it would be a fight ward just wasnt ready.

o man, that was one nasty punch, im sure walker was surprised when ward didnt go for the block
    Hidden Content
    Collecting all Ottawa Senators cards

Hidden Content

The fight was going to happen sooner or later. The refs have been letting Boston get away with way too many cheap shots... it was only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by griff2311 View Post
    Hahaha. The thought did not even cross my mind to specify which Ward in the title. Hopefully you guys were not too let down when you found out it was not a goalie fight.

BTW, TSN reports Boston team doctors are thinking broken orbital bone. Ouch.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=278317
    It all good just thought I throw that out there as when you saw Ward you think Cam not Aaron.

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast