Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this fair? Help please!

Is this fair? Help please!

Ok. We have 2 traders. Trader A and trader B.

Trader A (being myself) sells a card for a large amount of money.
    Trader B pays with paypal ASAP.
    Trader A sends card, but card is returned to me because the stupid lady at the post office didn't put enough postage on the envelope.
    I send the card again, expresspost this time (another 15 bucks!!)
    Trader B says he never receives the card, even though the tracking number states he received the card, but REFUSED it, and again, its being sent back to me.

I don't know what the heck happened, but I said I would send it again when I get it back. He says no. I just want my money and have filed a paypal dispute.

By this point i'm a little upset. Of course I already spent the money he sent me (as he made payment a while ago now). So now i'm stuck coming up with the money to refund him, as well as losing out on all the shipping charges i've made.

Its like he just backed out of the trade because of reasons that I couldn't control.

Thoughts please? Grrr!

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store

Quote Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
    Umm....if he refused it then thats his fault.
    Thank you! I agree completly.

Been there done that....not to the same scale but had the post office send back more than once.....He should own up to his part of the deal the situation was out of your control....not everybody is made of money either....try selling it again and get some back to send him just a suggestion....

reading your description definetely unfair -- seems like a fair-weather trader who is all over the place and no longer wants what he got on impulse.

Thanks for the imput guys. I guess I have no choice but to repay him? Or could I make a case with paypal saying that he refused the item? Oh well, if I have to pay him back i'll just sell the card again for more money (I gave him a really good deal too!)

i wouldnt give him a penny back. you fulfilled your end of the deal and he refused it. thats his problem. my guess is he needed the money after spending it so he refused and wants to dispute to get the money back

Quote Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
    i wouldnt give him a penny back. you fulfilled your end of the deal and he refused it. thats his problem. my guess is he needed the money after spending it so he refused and wants to dispute to get the money back

i agree. but i'm pretty sure paypal will make me pay it back if the card is being sent back to me

if you can prove he refused it, then i'd say your in the clear. Its his fault really and paypal should realize that

i'm going to give them a call right now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast