Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Rose Scandal

Derrick Rose Scandal

Anybody following the Derrick Rose scandal? First, it was cheating on the SAT, then his brother tagging along on the team plane and hotels on Memphis' dime, and now grade altering during his high school championship season.

Everything is just speculation at this point, but the skies over Memphis are getting dark. I'm more surprised that a program like UK would hire Calipari with knowledge of a scandal. The NCAA rules committee told UK that Calipari wasn't under investigation, but come on. Where do these scandals always stop? At the coach at least. Sometimes it goes up to the AD and the dean.

What really upsets me is Rose will not suffer at all. He'll have to take a trophy off his mantle, but his pro contract will not change. Those Memphis fans are a loyal group, and they deserve better.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Speculation? Hmmm... Must be another one of those conspiracy theories, haha..

wow all i heard about was the cheating on the SATs, didn't hear about the rest.

Memphis has had a solid program the past few years. This is a disappointing black eye. Unfortunately Rose and his family will get off easy.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeLonghorn View Post
    Memphis has had a solid program the past few years. This is a disappointing black eye. Unfortunately Rose and his family will get off easy.
    I am confused, what does his family have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by greaz253 View Post
    I am confused, what does his family have to do with anything?
    He was in high school when this happened, so they are responsible just as much as Derrick Rose is.

time to sell all your derrick rose cards.
    COMC.COM Cards For Sale: Hidden Content

I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray33 View Post
    time to sell all your derrick rose cards.
    nah, I don't think his card values will suffer. His NBA career is still very much alive. None of this had an effect on his ability or game scores. The falling superstars did something to affect game outcomes or their performance (i.e. gambling, steroids, etc.).

Yea this story is crazy they said his high school changed his grades and everything so he would be able to go to college they said they have proof of this that he had a D in a class and it got changed to a C.That somebody else actually took his SAT test that it wasnt his signature.If this is true I feel he should suffer as well not just all the other people involved they all did it to help him so why should he get no kind of punishment? Just my 2 cents.

This all sounds a little crazy. Everyone is trying to peg it on the university or coach cal or somebody....... The truth of the matter is, if you're cheating to get through school to play sports, you're not going to let anyone know. I doubt the school or Coach cal knew anything about it.

Sidenote: I heard recently that his brother was in agreement with the school to pay back the money he owed. But if that was the case he would just have to call Derrik to get it. The news said it was only like a grand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast