Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heatley Trade Rumours

Heatley Trade Rumours

From the Ottawa Sun, this was what Murray was hoping to get:

The indications are Murray was seeking the following Friday night:

From Los Angeles
    RW Dustin Brown and D Jack Johnson, along with the Kings’ first-round pick (No. 5 overall). The belief is the Kings tried to peddle LW Alexander Frolov. If the Senators are going to give up a North American, they want one back.

From Minnesota
    C Pierre-Marc Bouchard and D Brent Burns. Wild GM Chuck Fletcher wants to make a splash and needs help at forward, but he’d rather move C James Sheppard. The Wild wants Heatley, but not at any price.

From the Rangers
    D Marc Staal, C Brandon Dubinsky and/or RW Ryan Callahan. GM Sather — who’s trying to dump salary — is planning to take another run at the Senators after Friday night's failed talks.

Murray has also held talks with the Blackhawks, Oilers and Blues.
    Chicago is trying to sign looming RW Martin Havlat to a long-term deal, so they won’t commit to acquiring Heatley. The belief is the ’Hawks might be trying to ship D Brian Campbell to Ottawa.

The Oilers have been aggressive in their pursuit of Heatley, but don’t want to part with Cs Andrew Cogliano or Sam Gagner.

The Blues aren’t sure they want to commit to Heatley’s $7.5 million-a-season salary.

Quote Originally Posted by gosens151911 View Post
    From the Ottawa Sun, this was what Murray was hoping to get:

The indications are Murray was seeking the following Friday night:

From Los Angeles
    RW Dustin Brown and D Jack Johnson, along with the Kings’ first-round pick (No. 5 overall). The belief is the Kings tried to peddle LW Alexander Frolov. If the Senators are going to give up a North American, they want one back.

From Minnesota
    C Pierre-Marc Bouchard and D Brent Burns. Wild GM Chuck Fletcher wants to make a splash and needs help at forward, but he’d rather move C James Sheppard. The Wild wants Heatley, but not at any price.

From the Rangers
    D Marc Staal, C Brandon Dubinsky and/or RW Ryan Callahan. GM Sather — who’s trying to dump salary — is planning to take another run at the Senators after Friday night's failed talks.

Murray has also held talks with the Blackhawks, Oilers and Blues.
    Chicago is trying to sign looming RW Martin Havlat to a long-term deal, so they won’t commit to acquiring Heatley. The belief is the ’Hawks might be trying to ship D Brian Campbell to Ottawa.

The Oilers have been aggressive in their pursuit of Heatley, but don’t want to part with Cs Andrew Cogliano or Sam Gagner.

The Blues aren’t sure they want to commit to Heatley’s $7.5 million-a-season salary.
    LA - Would do Fro and Johnson and maybe a prospect without the pick - With Heatley's salary...it will not be easy to trade him - I think he gets 4 million on July 1st or something like that....Would not trade Brown....I dont think it matters where they came from tho...

Minn - Thats it? Ottawa would get screwed if they did that anyway...

NYR - so far, best deal and looks like they are talking alot during the draft

Where ever he goes, I have a feeling someone will over spend to get him and I am sure Murray will use everyone's offer to get him the best deal...

Now that the 1st round is out of the way, teams may be more willing to deal a future first round pick, after all with Danny Heatley on board.... they've got to be expecting to draft in the bottom 10 next year :)

It looks to me like Murray is asking way too much though. My guess is that by Tuesday, and the 4 million dollar bonus is about to come due, his asking price will go down.

In my mind, I can't see another team trading more than 1 "young star" type asset and 1 "blue chip" prospect / draft pick. Maybe a 3rd, NHL regular, player goes in..... but the package he was asking from LA, IMO, is just insane.

wow hockey players are like hobbyist's cards, everyone thinks their players are worth more than they are.

Brown, Johnson, and a 1st rounder??

Heater will be a Sen for a long time lol!

Yeah, no kidding. As an Oiler fan.... I've heard that Cogliano is the guy that Ottawa really wants out of Edmonton, and Murray has been told that Colgliano is a "non-starter" in any trade.

IMO, that's foolish. Cogliano.... I think he's going to be a very good player.... tops out at one of Heatley's bad years. Even that might be a stretch. If the Sens want Cogliano, they could have him for Heatley... as far as I'm concerned.... but I wouldn't be willing to give up Tom Gilbert AND a 1st round pick along with him.

For any team to be giving up 3 very good assets for 1 guy... no matter how good he is..... is crazy. Ottawa is out to lunch if they think they're going to get a package like that. At the same time, teams who claim to seriously be interested in making a deal have to accept the fact that they're not going to get him for nothing. Of any player mentioned above in this thread... I'd probably rather have Heatley than any pair of them. Just not any trio.

Quote Originally Posted by sholi2000 View Post
    wow hockey players are like hobbyist's cards, everyone thinks their players are worth more than they are.

Brown, Johnson, and a 1st rounder??

Heater will be a Sen for a long time lol!

it would make absolutely no sense but i'd pay him his money and let him rot in the minors the rest of his career just out of spite

The offers are crazy but so is Dingle for Sbisa/Lupul/2 1st rounders.....oh yeah - and that dirty cheapshot player Philly got....

I'm hoping the Rangers rumour is true, if we could get those guys from NY I'd be happy. ALTHOUGH are blueline is extremely clogged right now, if we got Staal, some D-men would be on their way out.

I was shocked when I heard that trade. When you consider that the Ducks gave up Lupol / Smid / 1st rounder / Conditional 1st rounder (which they did have to give up).... to even get him in the first place.... the return they got for Pronger was pretty much exactly what they gave up. With only one year left on his deal though? Philly overpaid, big time, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CSSports View Post
    The offers are crazy but so is Dingle for Sbisa/Lupul/2 1st rounders.....oh yeah - and that dirty cheapshot player Philly got....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast