Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah, so im gonna go that the peyton is fake.

What do you guys think about the Unitas?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok. Thanks man!

So im gonna go with that the triple is fake.

Anyone else have any input on the Unitas? Or the triple?

The Unitas is definitely real.

SCF Rewards
    Country

you think so?

I guess if you guys think its real, its worth it to send it to PSA

SCF Rewards
    Country

My name is Pete, and my wife tries to replicate my signature when we are goofing around. I over dramatize the P in my name but that P looks really weird. Its too big, and goofy looking, like Mannings forehead.

Second, what about that little hook on the M in the "real" auto. I dont see that in the one inquestion.

I would be wary about sigs. bought off of dealers. They are usually the scum of the earth (especially around where I grew up) and would rip off a kid or some "rookie" collector in a heartbeat. In fact, the local card shop owner I frequented when I was a kid was busted faking sigs. quite a few times and finally went out of business. I am very cautious to when I get "quality autos" Havent bought off ebay, and prob never will. Certified, my rear end. I could come up with a real looking certification, download a pic of Manning signing, and sell you a piece of junk I made 10 mins ago. Sorry the ink is still wet, but I promise I got it autoed in 04 at the Indy vs. Steelers game as he was running off the field!!!

If you dont see the guy sign it, its not authentic, IMO!!!

Pete

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sportyryan2008's Items on eBay

My only thing is that if 1 of them is fake, why would the other be real if you bought them both from the same guy?

SCF Rewards
    Country

My only thing is that if 1 of them is fake, why would the other be real if you bought them both from the same guy?

exactly what i was thinking.

But i bought it off a guy who had a store, and bought/sold a lot of signed stuff.

He said the Unitas he personaly got, and the triple he got from a friend. This could make sence, since you guys think the Unitas is real.

Ill probebly just send the Unitas to PSA, pay the 35-50 or whatever it will cost, and if it fails, ok, im out the fee plus what i payed for the poster. But if it passes, yippee! lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

My name is Pete, and my wife tries to replicate my signature when we are goofing around. I over dramatize the P in my name but that P looks really weird. Its too big, and goofy looking, like Mannings forehead.

Second, what about that little hook on the M in the "real" auto. I dont see that in the one inquestion.

I would be wary about sigs. bought off of dealers. They are usually the scum of the earth (especially around where I grew up) and would rip off a kid or some "rookie" collector in a heartbeat. In fact, the local card shop owner I frequented when I was a kid was busted faking sigs. quite a few times and finally went out of business. I am very cautious to when I get "quality autos" Havent bought off ebay, and prob never will. Certified, my rear end. I could come up with a real looking certification, download a pic of Manning signing, and sell you a piece of junk I made 10 mins ago. Sorry the ink is still wet, but I promise I got it autoed in 04 at the Indy vs. Steelers game as he was running off the field!!!

Pete

i totaly get what your saying, and i guess your mostly right. Not about peytons forhead tho. LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wmhc28413's Items on eBay

Pete

im with you on that one all the way!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have lots of TTM autos and like to think that the guy is signing it for his fans. Many of my autos are from lesser guys but Phillies/Eagles/PSU NITTANY LIONS all the same. I can understand that Ryan Howard or McNabb gets too much mail and may have a ghost signer. I have heard that about Larry Johnson from PSU. I would try to get people like them, or in your case Unitas or Manning IP. I dont think that Kent Tekulve or Ricky Jordan has much use for a ghost signer and appreciate their fans who still idolize their accomplishments all the same. I dont know one person that didnt dream as a kid of one day being the starting pitcher in game 7 or superbowl winning QB. I think that is why we all collect. These guys get paid more money than the average joe would make in 10 lifetimes and hope that they are grounded enuff to throw "nosebleed nick" a bone!!!

Sorry for the rant, just thought I would add to the discussion.
    Last edited by propete23; 07-09-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: removed language issue

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See None's Items on eBay

I also think that the Unitas looks real.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast