Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awesome Barry Sanders Legends Update Auto Mailday

Probably my favorite card in the set because he was truly my idol growing up.

Also finally broke down and scanned a few. Here are some of the best from the set.BTW, this set has some of the greatest photos of all time, check out the CAR behind Franco Harris,lol

UD did such a great job w/ that set. Thanks for the scans, nice to see them up close.

Quote Originally Posted by dfr52 View Post
    UD did such a great job w/ that set. Thanks for the scans, nice to see them up close.
    yep the Scanner Does a tremendous job with cards, I can't work the digital camera that well. BTW, I just noticed the ref in the Franco Harris card looks like his face was phased out as if he were in the witness protection program, also check out the telephone with the old twisty phone cord Montana is talking out. Some great photos and really tells about the history of the game.

Also just noticed that Huge NFL patch on the shoulder of Bart Starr, also he looks extremely constipated to me or worried that he is about to get creamed by the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by CardboardLegends View Post
    yep the Scanner Does a tremendous job with cards, I can't work the digital camera that well. BTW, I just noticed the ref in the Franco Harris card looks like his face was phased out as if he were in the witness protection program, also check out the telephone with the old twisty phone cord Montana is talking out. Some great photos and really tells about the history of the game.

Also just noticed that Huge NFL patch on the shoulder of Bart Starr, also he looks extremely constipated to me or worried that he is about to get creamed by the defense.
    Yea, I've noticed other card like that. I wonder if the card companies failed to get permission to use their images.

I have always thought those were neat and Starr looks like he's straining to go.lol

The photos really make the set stand out.

Namath is sporting an "adult entertainer" stache on his.

Also one other thing I find extremely interesting. The autographs of the old players are extremely legible compared to todays players. I know that they didn't have to sign nearly as many autos back in their day but it is quite noticable. Out of the 160 autos in the 1997 set, I bet there are maybe 6 that have illegible autographs.

Wicked set, congrats
    Buying Quincy Carter GUs and Autos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast