Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ways to improve

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ways to improve

For the last 2 years I've seen alot of members that poke around and come in to play our contests, they come around to get in on the cheap case breaks but yet they take their main focus of trading else wheres.

This tells me that we need improvement somewhere. So I'm fishing for ways that our members would like to see improvement done in the racing forums.

Please keep the response within reason.

Thanks

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kylefanbsb1963's Items on eBay

Mike:

It is amazing how many members from other forums will jump right in here when I do one of my freebie give-a-ways. ....and once the give-a-way is done...you NEVER see them again.

Wish I had an answer for getting the racing forum more active.

I guess I'm the lucky one...the wife loves doing this just as much as I do and everyday she will ask if I was able to get any trades or sales on here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mogarandfan's Items on eBay

Mike,

Seeking improvment should always be at the forefront of any worthwhile endeavor. One suggestion I would make would to be less hostile to members or mentions of "sister" trade sites. I have volunteered on a couple of occasions to work in a Staff capacity and both times I feel that I was denied because I choose to be active both here (I have over 100 + feedback and am a VIP member) and on NUTS (also over 100 feedback, no such VIP option). I find it easy to balance both sites and be a positive contributor. I think much improvement has been made in that area. I see more willingness to acknowledge some of our dualilties, but room still exists for improvement. Recently a very disparaging post was made about the "other" site and while the poster was soundly rebuked, it was by other members and not staff. So I suggest the next time that the staff meet to discuss improvements, make this one of your topics. Thanks for the forum to express our ideas and good luck in making this an even better site for all of us racing fan(atics)!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mike,

Seeking improvment should always be at the forefront of any worthwhile endeavor. One suggestion I would make would to be less hostile to members or mentions of "sister" trade sites. I have volunteered on a couple of occasions to work in a Staff capacity and both times I feel that I was denied because I choose to be active both here (I have over 100 + feedback and am a VIP member) and on NUTS (also over 100 feedback, no such VIP option).

Belonging to both sites is no reason for denial, if that was the case most of the staff members on here wouldn't be on staff. I PM more on this.

I find it easy to balance both sites and be a positive contributor. I think much improvement has been made in that area. I see more willingness to acknowledge some of our dualilties, but room still exists for improvement.

Steven we have seen this also and appreciate the harmony that can co-exist between us. For the most part we have all traded with each other for many years.

Recently a very disparaging post was made about the "other" site and while the poster was soundly rebuked, it was by other members and not staff. So I suggest the next time that the staff meet to discuss improvements, make this one of your topics.

I know exactly what you are talking about here and did try my best in this endeavor only to be taken over by the higher ups. Once there it was out of my and the rest of the racing teams hands. Even though we don't condone slamming of our members and/or site on here we can't control what takes place on other sites. Right or wrong the highers did what they thought was best....

Thanks for the forum to express our ideas and good luck in making this an even better site for all of us racing fan(atics)!

Thanks Steven

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See akedhead's Items on eBay

I agree with Steven as well-Im a mod here and Im a member of both sites and enjoy both greatly. I dont see why there is some sense of rivalry thing going on-I think its childish and silly lol.

Ive tried to create new threads to generate interest and I think they work well.

Nascar History I think is good and Ive tried to create some fun show and tell threads. Ill keep trying to generate interest and do my best to make these boards better :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See g1ebe's Items on eBay

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm not a big fan of nascar and I think a lot of people aren't because we drive to work everyday and don't want to watch driving. I think one way you could improve the racing forum by luring more people in is by offering a variety of packs of there choosing (racing, football, baseball etc) for the best racing collection, weirdest collection etc. I think that would get other people who don't collect in here and maybe theyd take a swing at racing packs and trade here more.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (18) NUTS
    Country
    See SHLBYSALEN's Items on eBay

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm not a big fan of nascar and I think a lot of people aren't because we drive to work everyday and don't want to watch driving. I think one way you could improve the racing forum by luring more people in is by offering a variety of packs of there choosing (racing, football, baseball etc) for the best racing collection, weirdest collection etc. I think that would get other people who don't collect in here and maybe theyd take a swing at racing packs and trade here more.

im not trying to be a jack##@ but i dont understand this. if they dont collect racing anyway what are the odds they could win a contest for best weridest etc racing collections. and most racing collectors do not want to win non racing packs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 3dalesrca's Items on eBay

I wish you luck with coming up with better ways of playing with the Racing section of this trade site but I think as long as you have to deal with the “Higher Ups” you’ll always have some issues on implementing some of them.
    I to belong to both sites but I’ve always had a funny feeling that if I really spoke my mind on some posts or had a difference of opinion’s on this site, I would be banned. Now there’s some type of point system in place and if you have so may points against you, Your BANNED, its that kind of stuff that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
    (I’m always having issues with my signature…I’m always to large…lol)
    There are some great folks on here and some that are just here.
    I don’t get that funny feeling over at the other site(NUTS). I feel I can speak my mind and my opinion's with out the fear of retaliation of any kind
    I guess in my opinion for what its worth, I feel that this site is just a little too political at time’s(Just my opinion)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rks_331's Items on eBay

Ok.... I'm Guilty...lol. But one reason I don't come here more often is for comments just like that.....we drive to work everyday so we don't wanna watch it. come on.... what kinda comment is that. Seems like there are always some other sport collectors coming in and trolling on the racing boards. Beckett was real bad for that..... sorry for the other site reference.
    I keep trying to be more active on here.... I have been going to apply for Newman super collector. Have to get my card counts done.

Rod

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mogarandfan's Items on eBay

Rod, you're a shoo in for Newman SC! I'll always just be a poor "wannabe" lol. Jr just has way too many cards out there and I'll never have enough to "make the grade". Still, I pledge to go broke trying! Woo hoo!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast