Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ways to improve

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See akedhead's Items on eBay

I wish you luck with coming up with better ways of playing with the Racing section of this trade site but I think as long as you have to deal with the “Higher Ups” you’ll always have some issues on implementing some of them.
    I to belong to both sites but I’ve always had a funny feeling that if I really spoke my mind on some posts or had a difference of opinion’s on this site, I would be banned. Now there’s some type of point system in place and if you have so may points against you, Your BANNED, its that kind of stuff that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
    (I’m always having issues with my signature…I’m always to large…lol)
    There are some great folks on here and some that are just here.
    I don’t get that funny feeling over at the other site(NUTS). I feel I can speak my mind and my opinion's with out the fear of retaliation of any kind
    I guess in my opinion for what its worth, I feel that this site is just a little too political at time’s(Just my opinion)

Yes I agree to this as well-I know ive gotten in trouble for speaking my mind more than once on here...idk its hard to say-I just love the racing hobby and most of the people involved-so both are very enjoyable to me and I visit both everyday.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See nyhddb's Items on eBay

i wasn't going to post this but i decided i would.

instead of looking at the two sites as seperate and rivals, why can't we just look at them as different. we are all a small community and are generally close, whether here or there.

we also have many people there mike that just jump in on give aways, alot if very inactive members do this and ****ed if they aren't the ones that win.

i guess i look at it differently because i have been on both sites as long as the other. i have accumulated well over 800 documented feedbacks between the two and tons more that weren't ever posted.

i just think you shouldn't force a change here. i think things are what they are. you have a core group that trades here only and some that trade both places. if the other site is thought of as an alien baby, you may lose some of the people who do trade here now and then. i think for what this site is, it won't get much different, nor do i think it needs to.

these are just my opinions and no disrespect was meant, so i hope no one took offense to anything i said.
    dave

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See nyhddb's Items on eBay

but i do think a little personalization needs to happen here too. wish members happy birthday now and then. put a section for just a general discussion, like what our accomplishments (or our families) are. someplace to relax some and not worry about how quick we answer a post, or feeling guilty if a trade doesn't happen.

i think mellow is always better than high strung and wanting to be better than everyone else.
    dave

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jereed00's Items on eBay

I am an older collector and have enjoyed trading on this site (as well as buying). I do buy a few things on EBAY but do not trade on any other site. So I can't speak to the problem (if any) between this site an another.
    What I can speak to is this site. I am primarily a vintage collector (baseball) as I lost my interest for baseball after the 1994 strike. I collect former KU players (basketball) and Jeff Gordon in Nascar and have a rather large collection of diecast (1/24). I am a huge NASCAR fan and watch it every week. Now I get to where I have difficulties on this site.
    In the other forums on this site I have found it very easy to trade for what I need. There is a lot of cross trading. In the football forum I have been able to trade for baseball, basketball and even racing; however, when you can get to the racing forum it is different. A lot of members only collect nascar. The fact that I only collect Jeff Gordon makes that situation worst (don't have anything in racing they want). Some then look at it and say-- well you don't have any trades in this forum, so you don't belong in this forum.
    Two years ago I watched this forum start up a Yahoo Fantasy Racing League. Last year I joined that league and was lucky enough to have won it. After some of the problems I encountered after that last year, I decided that I was not wanted there and have pretty much stayed away.
    I still trade for some racing occassionally on this site, but normally in a different forum.
    I have not tried to step on any ones toes and hope that I have not offended anyone, but wanted to add my perspective. GOOD LUCK!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See g1ebe's Items on eBay

im not trying to be a jack##@ but i dont understand this. if they dont collect racing anyway what are the odds they could win a contest for best weridest etc racing collections. and most racing collectors do not want to win non racing packs.

Maybe it would bring them to buy some racing packs or enter breaks here expand their racing collection and enter contests. I'm sorry I tried to suggest things instead of being some 30 year old guy putting others down.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

Maybe it would bring them to buy some racing packs or enter breaks here expand their racing collection and enter contests. I'm sorry I tried to suggest things instead of being some 30 year old guy putting others down.

I doubt it would. Let's be honest....if there's a contest in the hockey forum, and they're giving away a nice card, I'll enter the contest (if allowed). Should I win, that still wouldn't convince me to expand my collection into hockey. And I would imagine it'd be the same way for most non-racing people.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually collect stick and ball sports, as well as racing. Honestly, that's a big reason why I trade here opposed to on NUTS (though I'll go over there frequently, and knock out a trade if I see something I need).

The one bad thing about this site, is anytime I get into an argument in either the football, baseball, or basketball forum, the person I'm arguing with always plays the "you know nothing about this, because you like nascar. vroom vroom, drive fast turn left" card. That's the one thing I absolutely HATE about this site. So many people who are completely ignorant to NASCAR and think it's nothing but a bunch of 'dumb rednecks'.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rks_331's Items on eBay

I collect Football as well as Nascar. I have a large FB collection, The vikings and the Steelers. Started collecting the Raiders awhile back for one of my sons. Also started a U of M Griz FB Alumni collection. There are more than a few of us that collect more than Nascar. I have traded FBV for Nascar and Nascar for FB.

Dave pretty much somed up what was needed here and so did Kevin..... But this isn't a battle of which site is better. to each their own.

Nascar fans are different than other sport fans. We treat each other like family. We are friends. Whether we have met offline or not. The racing forum needs to be more personalable. We share Birthday wishes.... Graduation congrats.....New babies....Kids baseball games....the loss of family members .... 2 & 4 legged.

We share a love for our hobby and our sport ..... We are one big family. So we wanna hang out somewhere that feels like home.

I'm sorry if you don't like less active members playing your games and buying your Boxes..... I stepped up and bought my first box here cuz Les needed a hand cuz somebody stepped out......

Mike I've traded with you on here, NUTS, SCS, and probably Beckett. No matter which site we traded on it went fine. I've started trades on NUTS and finished them on other sites cuz the other trader was trying to build feedback there.....

You wanna improve it here..... make it more comfortable .....a place where everybody knows your name....and keep the stick and ball trolls out.

sorry for the long rant....just thought about it for abit.

Rod

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lets keep this going, but the only thing I ask is to keep any references to other sites out. Originally I never stated that this was a between us and them post. I was simply stating that our members were coming in for the sole purpose of playing the contest and splitting. Case breaks we see alot of them going directly to ebay with out achance of them first, but that is the buyers prerogative.

How this reached a us againest them type of post I don't know, was just looking for some ways to improve.

To those that say we are not to friendly and need to improve like birthdays and such is a great idea. I'm going to reply to most in quotes.

Thanks all.

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey Kevin

Yes there are some rules about the banner size on here, but look at it, we had the same rules on SCS and STC when you belonged and traded there also, as far as spesaking your mind, go right ahead. As long as you are not bashing a driver or another collector it is fine. Same way it was on the other previous sites. Also had a point system for infractions on the other sites also. Probably didn't know because for the most part racing community doesn't have to worry about it.

I myself really get annoyed if other mods come in here and step on my toes over something. I do fight then. One got banned not to long ago for something stupid and is back on without the ban. Hopefrully you'll come back more often and won't feel so threatened about what you say.

Mike

I wish you luck with coming up with better ways of playing with the Racing section of this trade site but I think as long as you have to deal with the “Higher Ups” you’ll always have some issues on implementing some of them.
    I to belong to both sites but I’ve always had a funny feeling that if I really spoke my mind on some posts or had a difference of opinion’s on this site, I would be banned. Now there’s some type of point system in place and if you have so may points against you, Your BANNED, its that kind of stuff that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
    (I’m always having issues with my signature…I’m always to large…lol)
    There are some great folks on here and some that are just here.
    I don’t get that funny feeling over at the other site(NUTS). I feel I can speak my mind and my opinion's with out the fear of retaliation of any kind
    I guess in my opinion for what its worth, I feel that this site is just a little too political at time’s(Just my opinion)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rod, I know what you mean by others coming in and really showing their ignorance of our sport, unfortunitly being a site that does have stick and ball amongst us we can't keep them out. Besides there are a few that are pretty decent once they learn we are a different breed of collectors....LOL

Ok.... I'm Guilty...lol. But one reason I don't come here more often is for comments just like that.....we drive to work everyday so we don't wanna watch it. come on.... what kinda comment is that. Seems like there are always some other sport collectors coming in and trolling on the racing boards. Beckett was real bad for that..... sorry for the other site reference.
    I keep trying to be more active on here.... I have been going to apply for Newman super collector. Have to get my card counts done.

Rod

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast