Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hakim Warrick Waived!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See remnantrocketbuyer's Items on eBay

Hakim Warrick Waived!

http://www.memphisflyer.com/Beyondth...ffer-rescinded

Only 5 teams are interested. He averaged 11/5 in 25 minutes.

I thought he was a pretty good player....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    HK (6)
    Country
    See tarheelsnipe's Items on eBay

I think it has to do with the economy more than anything. Unemployment in Tennessee is approaching 11%, Memphis metro unemployment is approaching 10%, and the average income there is less than $35,000. I speculate the front office analyzed season ticket pre-sales, merchandise sales, and employment data, and decided that simply being under the salary cap wasn't good enough. The NBA has done this to itself. They've expanded their empire too far. If they trimmed the league by 6-8 teams, the talent pool per team would go up and ticket sales would follow.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nbacarddotnet's Items on eBay

Post Warrick, davis on nets' radar

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See saspurs05's Items on eBay

Did I miss it in the article?? Which teams are interested in him??

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gailsgallery*123's Items on eBay

I just read it in the local paper article. I really can't believe the waived him. They say they make pick him back up, but imo somebody is gonna get a great deal on this guy. Also, I really like the other idea of dropping about eight teams out of the league, imagine how much better it would be.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would like to see him on the Cavs

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

I would like to see him on the Cavs

Agreed....he'd be a solid bench guy. Although since they signed Moon, they wouldn't go after Warrick.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See remnantrocketbuyer's Items on eBay

I think it has to do with the economy more than anything. Unemployment in Tennessee is approaching 11%, Memphis metro unemployment is approaching 10%, and the average income there is less than $35,000. I speculate the front office analyzed season ticket pre-sales, merchandise sales, and employment data, and decided that simply being under the salary cap wasn't good enough. The NBA has done this to itself. They've expanded their empire too far. If they trimmed the league by 6-8 teams, the talent pool per team would go up and ticket sales would follow.

Memphis is one of the few profitable teams in the league. I think there are other factors that were the main factors.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See eliza-mcb's Items on eBay

Back-up to Pierce in Boston?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    HK (6)
    Country
    See tarheelsnipe's Items on eBay

the only other thing I can think of is they wanted to go younger maybe? He was productive and never got into any altercations. Maybe the talent pool is so big that they think Warrick can be replaced for less money. Their roster is not overloaded with Forwards that I can see.

Memphis is one of the few profitable teams in the league. I think there are other factors that were the main factors.

Don't want to start an argument, but the Grizzlies' only profitable year was 2002. They've lost money every other year in Memphis. Last year they were upside down by $3 mil and they were one of the organizations to take out a loan from the league office ($20 million?). They're at risk of attendance dropping to under 12,000 fans per game next season. My Bobcats were even worse. They lost almost $5 mil last season. Maybe keeping only 10-11 players on the roster and calling up a player from the D-League during an injury for the league minimum is the way to go! (jk)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast