Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Autographed Cards- What a disgrace

After seeing some of the autographs I have pulled from packs lately I am disgusted with the effort that goes into signing them. Granted I know they have to sign hundreds, sometimes over a thousand but come on at least put both your first and last name down. 2 Examples recently I have come across. I purchased one of those Kmart boxes with the 8 random packs and pulled a 2002 Auto of Travis Hughes from some Donruss product( I forget which one). The word Sloth is signed on the card, not even his name. That is a disgrace. The 2nd came from a pack of 2003 Donruss Classics. I received a significant signatures card of Adam Morissey(rookie for the A's) and he signed it Mo. That's it. No adam, nothing. Why even bother when you are really not even getting their autograph, just some scribble. There is my rant. Anyone care to comment.

yeah as players play and have more cards to sign they get lazy but i bet their hand does start to hurt after awhile!! lol!! dont worry i know where you are coming from i go to Harrisburg Senators Baseball Games(affiliated with the expos) and get players to auto and sometimes you cant even tell it was them who signed it because it is that bad looking!!! but then again i can see where they are coming from

That is plain crap. Players should sign their full name and the companies should insist on it. What a disgrace.

The one that got me the most is Travis Hughes, he wrote the word "Sloth". What the hell is that. What was he writing out the seven deadly sins? LOL

Re: Autographed Cards- What a disgrace

Originally posted by john1170
    After seeing some of the autographs I have pulled from packs lately I am disgusted with the effort that goes into signing them. Granted I know they have to sign hundreds, sometimes over a thousand but come on at least put both your first and last name down. 2 Examples recently I have come across. I purchased one of those Kmart boxes with the 8 random packs and pulled a 2002 Auto of Travis Hughes from some Donruss product( I forget which one). The word Sloth is signed on the card, not even his name. That is a disgrace. The 2nd came from a pack of 2003 Donruss Classics. I received a significant signatures card of Adam Morissey(rookie for the A's) and he signed it Mo. That's it. No adam, nothing. Why even bother when you are really not even getting their autograph, just some scribble. There is my rant. Anyone care to comment.
    Yeah your right. Its almost not even worth getting it signed if they don't even put the effort into it.

If you had a baseball signed with "sloth" or "mo" nobody would want them.

Try sending a letter to the company and complain that these players and doing a half assed job at signing autographs and maybe you'll get something good for your troubles.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

If you have a name like Doug Mientkiewicz or Mark Gudzilandek(sp?) I could see them abbreviating a bit, but Travis Hughes and Adam Morissey really aren't that long.

You should write the company and maybe they will send you a replacement that has both names on it. Why would anyone sign there name as Sloth?
    Another example of "Where were they when the brains were being passed out?"

Just like the "BUDDY LEE" card Zach Thomas signed for 2002 Dornuss Diamond Kings. It's stupid.....

Tim

Originally posted by Molina00
    You should write the company and maybe they will send you a replacement that has both names on it. Why would anyone sign there name as Sloth?
    Another example of "Where were they when the brains were being passed out?"
    I think I will try that. Does anyone have a customer service # for Donruss? Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by john1170
    I think I will try that. Does anyone have a customer service # for Donruss? Any help would be appreciated.

Are you talking to me? 1-800-852-8833

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast