Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Does Beckett

Why Does Beckett

list some cards with N/A? I'm not talking no name players. I have Nolan Ryans, Ozzie Smith..evan an Mantle with a N/A designation...what does it mean? Will these cards ever have a value?

G

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    There are not enough of those cards in the population to get a good price on them. Usually those cards are numbered to less than 25.

They also do it for alot of oddball issues. I have heard that the pre 1990 oddball cards (minor league team issues most notibly) with little distribution are listed in the beckett soft cover yearly price guide. As for your nolan ryan NA's I may be interested if you are willing to trade.

N/A means not available. usually meaning the card is scarce if it is #'d low and there is no BV to it. i have a couple cards like that myself that are numbered to /25 or less.

if u have alot of those cards then just hold onto them and throw some into ur PC if u really like them alot. otherwise u can always trade in ur favor for another card u may like.

Ok, but will they ever have a value? The problem I am running into with these is that people tend to want those the most for trading (I've since taken them out of my trades and put them in my pc for this reason) I have no idea how to put a value on something that beckett does not list...now this is just a few of mine...it does not seem to make sense...the majority of these cards are not numbered.

G

these are a few examples:

2005 Diamond Kings HOF Heroes Materials Framed Black 30 Ozzie Smith Bat-Pants/10 NM-MT N/A N/A N/A

2005 Diamond Kings Signature Materials Black 51 Carlos Zambrano Jsy-Jsy NM-MT Own 1 N/A N/A N/A

2006 Sweet Spot Signatures Glove Leather Black Ink 134 Ben Sheets/15 NM-MT Own 1 N/A N/A N/A

2004 UD Diamond Pro Sigs Hall of Famers 6 Catfish Hunter NM-MT Own 1 N/A N/A N/A

2006 Upper Deck Diamond Debut DD32 Nolan Ryan NM-MT Own 1 N/A N/A N/A

2006 Upper Deck Diamond Debut DD38 Bob Gibson NM-MT Own 1 N/A N/A N/A

1999 Upper Deck PowerDeck Powerful Moments Auxiliary Gold AP4 Ken Griffey Jr. NM-MT Own 1 N/A N/A N/A

2001 Fleer Genuine Final Cut 13 Don Larsen SP NM-MT Own 1 N/A N/A N/A

2001 Fleer Platinum National Patch Time 65 Carl Yastrzemski Mail-In SP NM-MT Own 1 N/A N/A N/A

2003 Fleer Focus JE MLB Shirtified MLB Logo MR Manny Ramirez NM-MT Own 1N/A N/A N/A

2003 Fleer Focus JE MLB Shirtified MLB Logo MT Miguel Tejada NM-MT Own 1 N/A N/A N/A

2005 Studio Spirit of the Game Jersey Prime 20 Scott Rolen NM-MT Own 1 N/A N/A N/A

2005 Upper Deck Signature Stars Retail KW1 Kerry Wood NM-MT Own 1 N/A N/A N/A

Usually they wont ever have a value to them and they will continue to stay N/A.

As for the value u put on it, usually ppl turn that into a premium so whatever u can agree upon wit another person is up to u guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CYmarlins
    Usually they wont ever have a value to them and they will continue to stay N/A.

As for the value u put on it, usually ppl turn that into a premium so whatever u can agree upon wit another person is up to u guys.

Ok, now this is even more confusing...so if they are premium...the sky is the limit? I guess these will just be cards I hold on to forever :icon_roll

premium meaning u can prolly ask to trade in ur favor and get that request. as for the sky is limit i wouldnt say that. usually ppl hold onto things like that unless they found something else they like.

For a value on it just make sure you trade it for somthing you want and are willing to give it up for.

Some of the N/A are from 2006 - those are usually just too new to price.

For some of hte parallels (i.e. the Ozzie Smith), you can just see how much the higher numbered versions are, and then figure out a price that way.

Also, some might be N/A because there's no activity on them, and Beckett hasn't set a price. I had some cards that sold consistently for $1-2 on ebay that were N/A. I traded them for $10 cards, and I was happy.

For the rest of them, I'd check up on how well the cards sell, and figure out how much they're worth to you. I have to remind myself this a lot, but theyre your cards. Thats the bottom line. If people want them and don't agree on the value with you, then you keep them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast