Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate topps

I hate topps

Well the title says it all. Today I purchased a box of WWE insider cards and I was greatly looking forward to whose auto I would pull from the box. I was so excited to open the box then when I find out I didn't receive an auto I was greatly disappointed. Boxes of cards aren't cheap. When someone puts that type of money into a product, you should be guaranteed something nice. However that isn't the case, and to add insult to injury, I only got 6 cards instead of 7 in a pack. With enough of other things to worry about in life, maybe this incident happened for the better. As this frustrated me and really ticked me off that I threw 40 bucks away, I have reached the decision to quit this hobby. Anything that I have on my trade page is for sale. Contact me with offers. On a side note, being that I only got 6 cards in the one pack, would I be able to send that back to Topps and argue that it should have been an autograph. Regardless I'm frustrated, I could've thrown the money away at the bar or on cheap strippers or even invested it, but this box..I just want to take every card including the John Cena event used and rip them up because I got screwed

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    like u said tell topps. stuff like that has happened to me but if u tell topps they should at least give u a new box. they do sometimes take a while to get it to u though

Usually the odds of getting inserts/autos/gu's are product wide, not necessarily individual boxes (I think). I can see your frustration, but $40 is nothing for a box of cards these days.

Not trying to start anything, just adding my 2 cents worth.:new_silly

40 bucks for cardboard that now i couldnt fetch half for on ebay..i got ripped off..

Topps is always a hard pull... And like all companies, you must read the fine print where all autographs and game-used ratios are over the whole print run, not just the individual box...

Trust me on this, I have purchased many boxes, and gotten screwed on many also... Upper Deck has taken me the hardest (3x where I was not given the automatic auto hit)....

Topps has always been kind to me.... But they are the toughest pull in my eyes... Their autos are always seeded with phenomenal numbers, but they also in my eyes sell slightly better.

And... you should never buy looking to make a profit, unless you own a shop OR have loads of money sitting around...

I myself in the past week have spent a little over $600 on boxes, and in BV have received maybe $450....

I've sold on ebay and to my store maybe $200 worth, but the rest is PC...

And once you start feeling ripped off in this hobby, I'd suggest moving on because then buying and busting boxes is no longer fun.

Also make sure you contact topps. The companies are usually pretty good at fixing mistakes. Make sure you have the box serial number and send them an email explaining your dissapoinment and they may eventuallly fix the problem.

Yeah... I agree with Darth. I got royally screwed on a couple of boxes of Bowman Sterling.. but Topps treated me well, and sent me replacements. It only took a couple of weeks in my case.

whats best, to call? what number do i call? i dont see an email addy on their site?

Yeah I bought two boxes last year and pulled only 1 game used jersey card.... I spent about 60 bucks and thats it. I was pissed as hell. Like you said, these aren't cheap... But then again, it is not cheap for topps to pull in athletes to get them to sign their stuff...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast