Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar Odom Update

Lamar Odom Update

Well, I wish I could say that the Lakers already signed Lamar, but it sounds like negotiations are going to last a lot longer.

First off, the Lakers were reported 3 days ago to have offered Odom up to 8-9 mil. per year for 3 years.

Link: http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2009/07/11/can-a-deal-for-odom-be-far-off/#comments

Personally, i thought that was a great deal, and with the Laker Championship screening last night, i thought we were gonna get confirmation from Lamar that he will stay with the Lakers. Apparently, negotiations are far from getting done.

This is what was reported today by the LA times: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-odom14-2009jul14,0,6204069.story

The Times has reported that Odom and his agent, Jeff Schwartz, are seeking $10 million a season. The Lakers have offered Odom a deal north of $9 million a season for the first three years.

Odom and Schwartz are seeking more money and years.

“I can’t discuss that,” said Odom, who attended a screening party Monday night for the DVD featuring the Lakers’ 2008-09 championship run. “You talk about money, it’s touchy. It’s a touchy subject.

“The Lakers have been too good to me to rub people over there the wrong way. The Lakers have been nothing but great to me, and I want to keep the relationship great.”

Lakers owner Jerry Buss, who improved on his offer of $8 million a season to Odom, is getting frustrated and is thinking about pulling the deal off the table soon.
    Here's Lamar commenting on the subject:

I also heard rumors that the Mavericks and Heat are interested in Lamar Odom, and possibly do a sign and trade.

One deal is sending Michael Beasley for Lamar Odom. The other is sending Josh Howard for Lamar.

However, i don't know how valid these rumors are.

Overall, what the heck is Lamar Odumb thinking. He needs to realize that he has no leverage and is not worth 10 mil a year. the last thing he wants to do is get Jerry Buss frustrated... look what happened to Trevor Ariza.
    Last edited by jeebus86; 07-14-2009 at 02:10 PM.

Wow they offered 9 Mil and he wants 10? thats not much of a diff... you would think another ring might be worth a mil?

He is not worth that amount of money. He better get this deal done or he will be playing for another team with less chances of winning a championship and for less money

Quote Originally Posted by PPPanthersGM View Post
    Wow they offered 9 Mil and he wants 10? thats not much of a diff... you would think another ring might be worth a mil?
    I really hope he signs soon, 10% doesn't seem like its too much difference to me. Not knowing what he is gonna do is killing me.

Wow what's wrong with Lamar, during the season he said he was willing to take a paycut.

I just want to let him know that No Kobe = No ring, but since he has his ring he probably just needs the money now.

man if they trade him for josh howard i think every laker fan would be extremly madd

Quote Originally Posted by bbplaya View Post
    man if they trade him for josh howard i think every laker fan would be extremly madd

Hahaha i would lmao

If they don't retain Odom, their chances of reaching the finals, let alone repeating, go way down...yes, Josh Howard and Beasley are good, but they really need to retain Odom - they weren't able to keep Ariza, so they really HAVE to keep Odom now...if they don't, the Spurs chances of reaching the NBA Finals in an even-year (2010) go up drastically.

Jerry Buss just needs to pay the man what he wants. He deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by garnett_21 View Post
    If they don't retain Odom, their chances of reaching the finals, let alone repeating, go way down...yes, Josh Howard and Beasley are good, but they really need to retain Odom - they weren't able to keep Ariza, so they really HAVE to keep Odom now...if they don't, the Spurs chances of reaching the NBA Finals in an even-year (2010) go up drastically.
    We still have the best player in the game, we still have the best 2-man combo in the game with Pau and Kobe, and now we have one of the best perimeter defenders in the game with Artest. We'll be fine without Odom, but getting to the Finals and winning another Championship will just be a lot easier with him.

Besides though, I still expect Odom to be a Laker, I mean he really has no other option, but getting a deal done is just gonna last a long time.
    Last edited by jeebus86; 07-14-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast